Apex (Nexus, #3)
This topic is about Apex
Nexus > Apex: Section 3 - Chapters 53-83

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Section 3

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Chapters 53-83.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Things finally seem to be picking up. Rangan runs into Breece only to be saved by Kate.

And Rangan and Kade finally make contact. Looking forward to more between the two of them.

I'm still struggling the the Avatar parts. I like the Ling seems to be plotting on what she can do apart from a battle of wills. Hopefully something comes of that.

message 3: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I like that we are seeing the protests in China. I find them more interesting. Maybe because it takes more courage there.

It looks like Sam is on the trail of the truth.

I'm disappointed no more mention of the effects of Nexus have been made. Alas.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Man, I'm blazing through this section. Forgetting to add updates

I like the Chinese protests as well. But I also like that Kade is suspicious about it because it does ring of the Avatar's meddling with how those videos were able to be released

Price is a ballsy woman, that little Op was kick ass. She knew she would be in danger and planned it perfectly.

Stockton still refusing to accept the inevitable; although it seems like at the end of chapter 80 that he either 1. Doesn't trust Price or 2. Knows more than he's letting on about the PLF.

Hoping for a reunion with Kade and Rangan. My only gripe about this book is that with all the POVs we're not getting much time with Kade, Sam and Feng. I like the more focus on Rangan but I could do without the Avatar stuff and a lot of the Breece stuff, but I guess it does well to show the other side of Nexus possibilities

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention Pryce. Pretty ballsy, but very dumb. She has no business doing that, and she's lucky to have gotten out of the ex-president's compound apparently.

Yeah, I was like maybe the President is going to do the right thing with some of this stuff. I get his reservations about Nexus, but he could do the right thing on PLF. It would make him a more interesting character that way.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Would be nice if the president did, take some amount of responsibility for what has been happening.

I feel like I would be one of the people in favor of Nexus but I do get his reservations. Especially given what some of these assclowns have done with it, but the whole "stifle progress because I'm scared of it" attitude bugs the shit out of me. It's like, how does he know his grandson wouldn't love the idea of using Nexus?

message 7: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

His grandson probably will.