Apex (Nexus, #3)
This topic is about Apex
Nexus > Apex: Section 2 - Chapters 23-52

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Section 2

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Chapters 23-52.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finally! Talk about the long term effect of Nexus on the brain. Not very much, but I've been griping about that for the last two books.

I hope we get more on that later in the book.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Rob wrote: "Finally! Talk about the long term effect of Nexus on the brain. Not very much, but I've been griping about that for the last two books.

I hope we get more on that later in the book."

haha, was just coming in here to say that! First thing I thought of was "Rob will be glad" lol

So I haven't finished this part yet but it seems like this facility Kade is at is the same as the one Shu has been put in that body ... wonder how long it takes him or Feng to figure it out.

I love that Kade's getting to work with a whole team on scientists on how to better Nexus and maybe get to work on 6. He's basically been on his own in terms of Nexus research since Sam busted him and his friend in the first book, very interested to see what they come up with.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

It definetly seems the same. Sam observed a building they arent allowed in.

The kids seem to pick up on it too. They are obviously hiding it from Kade. I wonder what their intentiin for Shu are.

I'm finding the avatar chapters hard to read.

The Rangan chapters continue to be my favorite. I hope we get some more background on his "friends".

Sadly no more on the effects of Nexus...

Robyn | 150 comments I'm finding the avatar chapters hard to read.

Me too. I think it's somewhat purposeful but I find myself reading really, really, really quickly.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I'm really slow on this books - I just don't like all the multiple points of view. I'm interested to see what happens with Nexus, but it is pure intellectual exercise right now - I don't really have an emotional connection with anyone except maybe the primary characters from the last two books...maybe.

I liked reading about all the stuff Rangan saw that the people who rescued him had - Nexus apps ranging from grief suppression to sex to sand raking (which had tons of followers).

message 7: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

You're still reading this? For some reason I thought you finished already. lol.

Too many POVs really hurt this book IMHO. I think he was trying to show the global scope of the story, but it just felt too busy to me.

I still enjoyed it despite that though. I think things pick up later in the book.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I SHOULD have finished it earlier - I just wasn't at all interested in it after Nemesis games, so I switched generes and books for a little bit. But I'm back to this one now - although I'm not forcing myself to read tons at a time. I'm glad things pick up later!