The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Nexus > Apex: Section 1 - Chapters 1-22

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Section 1

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Chapters 1-22.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine.

message 2: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 150 comments Holy batballs, that's one hell of a cold open. (I'm barely in, but still feel compelled to comment.)

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Damn, you're not kidding. Prologue and first chapter are not messing around

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

I was like, um so is the book over? Everyone dies?

I just finished the first sectiin, and I'm enjoying it. I like that there has been more focus on Rangan. I particularly liked the chapter with the cop finding them at the church.

I feel a little bad for the president. I don't agree with his stance on Nexus, but he's being scapegoated as far worse than he is. I kind of saw the controversial election coming. I almost wonder if the results we manipulated further by Su-Yong Shu?

I really have no idea where this is heading. What sort of end can we expect? With a series this grey, I'm expecting maybe a mixed ending. Maybe the terrorist gets what's coming for him, and the parts of the world embrace Nexus, while others don't.

I'm not really sure. Pretty good start so far though

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Yeah, I'm finding it hard to feel bad for the Pres. He is getting scapegoated pretty hard but he almost kind of brought it on himself with his hardline stance on Nexus and post-humans. He wanted DHS to find a cure and be able to remove Nexus from people and never bothered to check how it was being done. Then these videos come out of kids being abused and his first reaction is "it's fake." Not, how did this happen or how did I contribute to it but that it is a total fabrication.

The conversations between him and Kim have been very interesting, especially the concession one.

Good thought about Shu and the election, that never crossed my mind. I'm glad that they showed her having remorse at what she did to Ling because that was all sorts of messed up. Put her own well being and anger above her child, not great parenting.

Glad Barnes got what was coming to him

Also glad that Kade shut down the back doors; to dangerous that they could be used for bad. Hope him and Sam reconcile. Also loved his interrogation! "Did you tell my advisor to 'fuck off'?" LOL!

Agreed, I think the ending will be all sorts of grey and probably open ended.

message 6: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

Yeah. Good point about the kids. He should have been outrages.