Class of 2015 discussion

Othello
This topic is about Othello
Othello

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abraham (new)

Abraham Hernandez | 43 comments What would you do if your "best friend" back-stabbed you? Shakespeare, often regarded as the best writer in history, might have written one of his best ever books with Othello. Othello is by far my favorite book/play because of its treachery, suspense, and romance. I would recommend this book to anyone over the age of 15 because of its difficult text to understand. Shakespeare is also the writer of such plays as Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, and Hamlet, among others. Shakespeare's plays and sonnets have won him the Medaille D'or Award, the Theater Hall of Fame award, and the Tony Award, among others, for his contribution to the growth of theater plays. "Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; often got without merit, and lost without deserving." (This quote means that reputation is often won without being earned and lost without deserving to have been lost.)

message 2: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 38 comments Great review Abraham, I remember reading the book with our tutor Mr. Rob but then some parts weren't as interesting anymore but your review made me want to read it again.

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Dalton | 16 comments Good review Abraham. I don't remember ever reading the book, but it does sound interesting. Your review made me want to read it again.

message 4: by Ricky (new)

Ricky Arredondo | 31 comments Well, done Abraham. Reading your review reminded me of how much I liked it. I like you also placed a quote and then explained it. Great job.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Pulido | 30 comments Great Book Review Abraham. Honestly, I would feel disappointed and upset if my best friend back-stabbed me. I have never read a novel from Shakespeare, but would love to read Othello. I would like to know a little more about this book, do you still have the book?