The Next Best Book Club discussion

Looking For Recommendations > What do I read next?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (last edited May 04, 2015 10:02PM) (new)

Maria (mariawb) | 21 comments Hi all =)

I'm right now reading Mockingjay, the third Hunger Games book. I needed a break from the epic fantasy I've been reading for the last five years and this was pretty perfect! I've sailed through them, whereas I was stuck in the Malazan-series, which is great, but long and super detailed.
I just ordered the Divergent trilogy. But where do I go from there?

I mostly read fantasy, it's by far my favourite genre. But I don't know what to read next. I want something not too complicated, but also not too easy. I do want some substance.

Anyone willing to throw some suggestions my way? I'd like recommendations for specific books or authors. I would hate to get a hold of a bad book 'cause I'd probably make myself finish it *LoL* =)

Thanks
Maria

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (nanlewis) How about Arthurian Legend or Steampunk? I would recommend Marian Zimmer Bradley as a good author. Enjoy!

message 3: by Maria (last edited May 04, 2015 10:01PM) (new)

Maria (mariawb) | 21 comments I have read The Once and Future King. A little strange language-wise, but very good! Mists of Avalon is actually a really good idea!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (nanlewis) Oh, I thought of more ideas. One of my first fantasy series was by Terry Brooks - The Shannarra series, probably 15-20 books he has written by now. Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series is another great choice (also lots of books in that group). And the standard of the genre, Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. I hope these look interesting to you.

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 7 comments Mark T. Barnes he has an absorbing fantasy trilogy

message 6: by Melodi (new)

Melodi | 1 comments One of my favorite fantasy authors is Brandon Sanderson. Mistborn is a good trilogy but takes some time setting up the books, but fabulous. For an easier, quick read try Steelheart. There are two books so far in this series. It's captivating and you'll read it so fast you may want the second book on hand, trust me :)

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariawb) | 21 comments Well, I have read both Mistborn and Wheel of Time =) but I try to stay away from series that aren't finished. I hate waiting for books =(

I have looked at Shannarra before. Will give it a look again =)

Thanks, guys!