Young Adult Crazed Book Club discussion

Book of the Week > An Ember In The Ashes - Sabaa Tahir

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harligrace (new)

Harligrace | 122 comments Mod
Post spoilers and reviews here! Tell us what you thought of the book, what you liked or didn't like, and please share any other details on this book that you think are important!

message 2: by Harligrace (new)

Addy wrote: "Honestly, I thought this book was overhyped. But then again, I am, apparently, one of the few who really didn't much care for this book. Most of my GR friends have rated it either four or five star..."

I am just getting into it, but im not really connecting with the main characters either. Laia is such a wimp and doesn't have any courage or confidence right now and it's pissing me off. I am really hoping that she becomes stronger throughout the book and learns to stand up for herself. I actually really like Elias but i wish he would stop second guessing all of his decisions.

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah I thought the main characters got better as the book went along.

message 4: by Harligrace (new)

Leah wrote: "I thought the main characters got better as the book went along."

As I keep reading it. I'm starting to like Laia more and more, but I have always liked Elias for the most part.

message 5: by Leah (new)

Leah That's true, but I like him even more at the end. There were a few characters that were the opposite.

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah It's a tie between Helene and Keenan. Elias' mother was horrible, but she was like that from the beginning. I liked that she was honest about who she was from the beginning.

message 7: by Harligrace (new)

Addy wrote: "Leah wrote: "It's a tie between Helene and Keenan. Elias' mother was horrible, but she was like that from the beginning. I liked that she was honest about who she was from the beginning."

I just h..."

So far Helene hasn't really bothered me, but Keenan is so mean to Laia right now and I'm just like back off. But the commandant is definitely the cruelest person i've ever read about.

message 8: by Harligrace (new)

Addy wrote: "Harligrace wrote: "Addy wrote: "Leah wrote: "It's a tie between Helene and Keenan. Elias' mother was horrible, but she was like that from the beginning. I liked that she was honest about who she wa..."

I want to know what made her so mean! Like what went wrong there?