What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Crime/romance need book name and author. [s]

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rajani (new)

Rajani Seshadri | 16 comments I'm looking for a book - crime/romance. Need author and name of the book. The heroine is a police detective - I think her name is Samantha, step-daughter of a senator. The hero is a senior police detective and they are hunting a serial killer. He has four sisters and remembers their stockings drying on the shower rod. He refuses to get involved with her as long as they're working on the case. A short romantic scene in the stairwell of the police station.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann Perrigo | 19 comments Was it set in Washington, DC?

message 3: by Rajani (new)

Rajani Seshadri | 16 comments Yea I believe so

message 4: by Rajani (new)

Rajani Seshadri | 16 comments You recognise it ? Wow !!

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1256 comments I know I've read this. The only author that comes to mind is Mary Burton.

message 6: by A book away from an episode of hoarders (last edited May 06, 2015 10:56AM) (new)

A book away from an episode of hoarders (fidgit77) | 257 comments I've got some author suggestions but I don't know this book so you might just want to browse their bibliographies and see if something jumps out at you.

Chelsea Cain Joyce Carol Oates Kay Hooper Ruth Rendell

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann Perrigo | 19 comments Oh, I was thinking it might be by Kristen Gore, but I checked her titles and there's nothing quite like this. It reminded me of a subplot in Sweet Jiminy. It still feels familiar to me, though. Will continue to think.

message 8: by Rajani (new)

Rajani Seshadri | 16 comments Thank you Amber, Cristina and Annscm. Please keep trying. It is driving me crazy to not remember

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Rajani, around what year did you read this book?

message 10: by Rajani (new)

Rajani Seshadri | 16 comments Sometime in the last 10 years, I guess.

message 11: by Ayshe (last edited Mar 10, 2017 03:31AM) (new)

Ayshe | 4226 comments Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught? Searching inside the google book Samantha/Sam's stepfather is senator. Looking at the reviews it appears to be the secondary romance in the book though.

message 12: by Rajani (new)

Rajani Seshadri | 16 comments Thanks Ayshe. But no it's not that one. I have that book. Please keep trying !!

message 13: by Rajani (new)

Rajani Seshadri | 16 comments Hi Ayshe. It maybe - I'll check again. I'm going to be so thrilled to find it. Thanks a ton!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Juels (last edited Mar 10, 2017 06:03PM) (new)

Juels | 2476 comments I agree with Ayshe. This sounds like Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught. There is a part in the book when McCord is talking about his 4 sisters and their pantyhose in the shower. He makes a comment "Until I was ten, I thought shower curtains always looked like legs with feet."

Good job Ayshe!

message 15: by Rajani (new)

Rajani Seshadri | 16 comments Thanks Juels!!

message 16: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2476 comments You're welcome. Good thing Ayshe suggested it. I had forgotten about that part. Read this years ago.

message 17: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4226 comments Great if it was the book. Thank you for the supporting evidence, Juels :)
I just noticed that part in google books (I linked above to) and looked at the reviews and thought it could be.