What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. sisters twin brother gets crushed and killed by horse and she becomes him [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 5 comments I only remember that they were twins and I think his name was Sammy. they were poor, had to pick pocket and had a horrible mother that I think dies from grief over loss of soon as the sister was supposed to watch him. He may have been mute. She then had to live with an aunt or something and the family was mean and abusive and that's when she became Sammy instead as she couldn't get over his death. and she felt his death was her fault as they were posting tag in the English streets. this book would likely be over a decade old if not more

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 150 comments Not a decade old, but that definitely sounds like The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 5 comments Megan wrote: "Not a decade old, but that definitely sounds like The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton."

Definitely could be that. But I can't find anything about the brother except that he dies by bicycle and I'm certain hegot run over by a horse . I guess it's only been within the last 7 years that I read it. I do remember the usher details of this book. Lots of plot that I didn't think included this part. Thanks

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 150 comments Forgotten Garden is one of those cross-time period type books and one plot line takes place in England. It's bout a girl named Eliza and her twin brother Sammy. He is killed by a carriage horse.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 5 comments Megan wrote: "Forgotten Garden is one of those cross-time period type books and one plot line takes place in England. It's bout a girl named Eliza and her twin brother Sammy. He is killed by a carriage horse."

Okay that's definitely it then. Thanks :)