David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

R&R Completed(post review links) > R&R # 105 - FIRST YEAR (The First Mage #1) by Rachel E. Carter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Karen’s Library (last edited Jun 04, 2015 10:07AM) (new)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
First Year (The Black Mage, #1) by Rachel E. Carter by Rachel E. Carter

EDIT: This Read and Review is for Book 1 ONLY. Sorry for the confusion and miscommunication!

Genre: YA fantasy, romance, historical, supernatural

First Year (The Black Mage #1)
Book Description:

Before the age of seventeen, the young men and women of Jerar are given a choice-follow tradition, or pursue a trial year in one of the realm's three war schools to study as a soldier, knight or mage...

For 15-year-old Ryiah, the choice has always been easy. Become a warrior and leave the boring confines of her lowborn life behind. Set to enroll in the School of Knighthood on the eve of her next birthday, plans suddenly shift when her twin brother discovers powers. Hoping that hers will soon follow, she enrolls with Alex at the Academy instead -the realm's most notorious war school for those with magic.

Yet when she arrives, Ry finds herself competing against friend and foe for one of the exalted apprenticeships. Every "first-year" is given a trial year to prove their worth -and no amount of hard work and drive will guarantee them a spot. It seems like everyone is rooting for her to fail -and first and foremost among them Prince Darren, the school prodigy who has done nothing but make life miserable since she arrived.

When an accidental encounter leads Ryiah and Darren to an unlikely friendship, she is convinced nothing good will come of it. But the lines become blurred when she begins to improve -and soon she is a key competitor for the faction of Combat... Still, nothing is ever as it seems -and when the world comes crashing down around her, Ry is forced to place faith in the one thing she can believe in -herself. Will it be enough?

Ten ebooks are available so be the first to sign up below in order to receive a copy of the ebook to Read and Review!

It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on Goodreads, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

Formats available: Pdf

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 weeks after you receive your copy of the ebook.

Leave your Name, and email address.

1. Sarah - cat2002116@yahoo.com
2. Zeinab - zeinab_mitral@hotmail.com
3. Michelle - Shella96@att.net
4. Jessica - jdwolfsohn@gmail.com
5. Angela - angelarose0808@gmail.com
6. Katy - kat_meister@yahoo.com
7. Ashley - afmcollins3@gmail.com
8. Kisses - sharmelaramlogan@hotmail.com
9. Megan - mdentnagle@gmail.com
10. April - lcsdr60@yahoo.com
11. Mary Beth - marybeth1165@aol.com
12. Darla - darla.gabaldon@yahoo.com
13. Megan - Megan.parlow@outlook.Com
14. Nicole - Nikkikearn@gmail.com
15. Jenn - kaseycocoa48@gmail.com
16. Mike - mike.fluellen@gmail.com
17. Holly - bryanholly34(at)gmail(dot)com
18. Elif - isik.elif@gmail.com
19. Annie - officiallyannie@gmail.com

GREAT NEWS everyone! Because of the overwhelming response, Rachel will go up to 15 or 20!! So if you're still interested, sign up below!

Rachel will be in contact. Please post links to your reviews below! Happy reading!

message 2: by Sarah-Jayne (new)

Sarah-Jayne Briggs | 54 comments Hi. I'd be interested in reading and reviewing copies of both books. My e-mail address is cat2002116@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Sarah

message 3: by Zeinab (new)

Zeinab Dh | 20 comments Zeinab
zeinab_mitral@hotmail.com

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (shella9688) Michelle Burgard

Shella96@att.net

Thanks for the opportunity!

GREAT! Rachel will be in contact with you! :)

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (dreamerj) I'd love a chance to read and review both! jdwolfsohn@gmail.com

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela Crouch (angierose8811) | 1 comments Angela Crouch

angelarose0808@gmail.com
Thank you!

message 8: by Katy (last edited May 02, 2015 03:26PM) (new)

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 49 comments I'd love to R&R these! They've been on my TBR list for awhile now...Thanks for offering, Rachel!!!

kat_meister@yahoo.com

Katy

Sarah, Jessica and Katy, this R&R is for First Year only. There was a mixup in the notes I had received.

Thanks for understanding! :)

message 10: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Count me in too please!

afmcollins3@gmail.com

message 11: by Katrina♡•• (new)

Katrina♡•• Hello I am Kisses and am very interested in a copy of this book
sharmelaramlogan@hotmail.com

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (mdentnagle) | 13 comments I'd love to review this book.
Megan
mdentnagle@gmail.com

message 13: by April (new)

April (lcsdr60) | 38 comments Id like to read and review thank you
April
lcsdr60@yahoo.com

message 14: by Karen’s Library (last edited May 04, 2015 10:00AM) (new)

That's 10! Thanks everyone!! Rachel will be in contact. Please post links to your reviews below! Happy reading!

EDIT: GREAT NEWS everyone! Because of the overwhelming response, Rachel will go up to 15 or 20!! So if you're still interested, sign up below!

message 15: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth I'd love to review this book also!

Mary Beth
marybeth1165@aol.com

Hi Mary. The 10 copies have been claimed, but thanks!!!

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) Hi All:) I emailed you the PDF of First Year, happy reading & have a great weekend:D

message 18: by Darla (last edited May 03, 2015 12:07AM) (new)

Darla wished i had check this mail earlier i would gave done review darla.gabaldon@yahoo.com

message 19: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth Me too!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Megan.parlow@outlook. Com

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wait, I'm too late

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 12 comments Any more? Nikkikearn@gmail.com - epub would work just fine =)

Sorry, Nicole. :( The ten copies have been sent out.

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 12 comments =( I think you should do more than 10 - but that is just me - hahahaha

It's what the author chooses. :)

GREAT NEWS everyone! Because of the overwhelming response, Rachel will go up to 15 or 20!! So if you're still interested, sign up below!

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 12 comments nikkikearn@gmail.com - epub please - thank you for doing this!

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) Alright, sent out through Nicole (#14), I'll check back later to see if anymore, I'll do up to 20 if people want it <3 Happy reading, guys!!!

message 29: by Rachel (last edited May 04, 2015 12:33PM) (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) Also, if anyone finishes my book this week and enjoyed it, my book is up for a RONE award in the YA supernatural category (voting through this Sunday 5/10/15): http://indtale.com/2015-rone-awards-w... It takes a min to set up an account (all they need is email/name) & then click RONE awards> week four> YA supernatural. No pressure to vote, just if you feel like supporting an author you enjoyed it will help more readers discover my books!

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Thanks so much for sharing your book with us, Rachel, and I'm sure everyone appreciates you expanding the number of copies so everyone gets one!

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) David wrote: "Thanks so much for sharing your book with us, Rachel, and I'm sure everyone appreciates you expanding the number of copies so everyone gets one!"

No problem, David! Thanks for letting me host an R2R in your awesome group:D

message 32: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
You're welcome any time!

message 33: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth Thank you so much for increasing it to 20! I appreciate it!

message 34: by Katrina♡•• (new)

Katrina♡•• Thanx for the copy

message 35: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Cocoa (kaseycocoa) | 8 comments I'd love to read and review this book!
kaseycocoa48@gmail.com

Great Jenn! Rachel should be in contact with you soon! :)

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) Alright up through 15 sent -can do up to 5 more if ppl want:) Thanks guys, hope you all enjoy it, super appreciative to anyone willing to take the time to read & review my book! You guys are awesome <3

message 38: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (dreamerj) Loved this book, read in two days! Will write the review today. Any interest in sharing book two for a review? Do you need any more beta-readers for book three?

message 39: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (dreamerj) Hopefully this link works: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) Jessica wrote: "Hopefully this link works: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Jessica, I loved your review!!! Thank you so, sooo much <3 I can't do any more ARC's for book two (my publisher only let me give out a limited number before its release) but it is on overdrive: http://bit.ly/ODApprentice (free ebook library, all you need is your local library card # -if your library's database doesn't have it you can usually call the librarian and request they carry the ebook and most will say yes:D). I already have a small group of beta readers for book three, but I do rafflecopter giveaways before each book's release for ARC's! I hope that helps & happy reading on your next book!!!

message 41: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (dreamerj) Glad my review is so well liked! :) My library does not currently have 'Apprentice' available, but I will try requesting it. Being able to read this one on the computer because of its PDF format was really convenient. Thanks again for the opportunity!

message 42: by Megan (new)

Megan (mdentnagle) | 13 comments Thank you for the opportunity to read your book :)

Megan

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 43: by Mike (new)

Mike | 23 comments Oooo if you are going to 20 I would love to read mike.fluellen@gmail.com

Great Mike! I've added you to the list. Rachel should be contacting you soon!

message 45: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyb_nc) Just had a chance to check this out - since you've increased it to 20, I'd love to participate! I review on GR and Amazon and can probably do B&N (sometimes I have issues getting their review thingy to work - probably user error). I will also post the review on my Tumblr. If I'm approved, my email is bryanholly34(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks!

message 46: by Rachel (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) Megan wrote: "Thank you for the opportunity to read your book :)

Megan

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Thanks so much for the review, Megan!!! Really appreciate your feedback:D

message 47: by Rachel (last edited May 11, 2015 12:12PM) (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) Mike & Holly, I am shooting you both an email with your review copies right now, thanks so much, I am so thrilled so many people are interesting in reviewing my book:)

message 48: by Elif (new)

Elif (angelus_mortis) | 41 comments If I can, I would love to participate.
isik.elif@gmail.com

message 49: by Rachel (new)

Rachel E. Carter (rachelcarterauthor) Elif wrote: "If I can, I would love to participate.
isik.elif@gmail.com"

Absolutely <3 Just emailed you your copy, Elif!!! Happy reading :D

Yay Elif! :)

« previous 1

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

First Year (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rachel E. Carter (other topics)