Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 15767 comments Mod

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
Bwa-ha-ha (ha ha) and ha. Love it.

message 3: by Gabi (new)

Gabi Fuller (CountryMouseMe) | 474 comments Nooo. You are going to have to explain this one to me.

What is the Oxford Comma and how does it relate to the above confusing, but amusing, gibberish?

Ohh! I see!

The Oxford Comma actually goes before the 'and'?

Wouldn't it be easier to use a brace of semi-colons; and perhaps the phrase 'as well as'?

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 15767 comments Mod
Gabi wrote: "Nooo. You are going to have to explain this one to me.

What is the Oxford Comma and how does it relate to the above confusing, but amusing, gibberish?

Ohh! I see!

The Oxford Comma actually goes ..."

I'm afraid your suggestion would make the sentence unnecessarily cluttered, Gabi. Especially when one comma would solve the problem.

I was taught to use the Oxford comma when I was in elementary school. It wasn't till high school that it fell into disfavor.

message 5: by Doug (new)

Doug | 2340 comments Ruth wrote: "Gabi wrote: "Nooo. You are going to have to explain this one to me.

Ohh! I see!

The Oxford Comma a..."

When I went to school, Oxford made shoes.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
And diplomas.

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 14 comments I edited for a publisher that preferred series with extra comma. Didn't know till now it has a name, but i should have.

Gabi wrote:" Wouldn't it be easier to use a brace of semi-colons; and perhaps the phrase 'as well as..."

You're kidding, right???? rotfl

message 8: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18313 comments Mod
Oxford comma, serial comma -- same guy.