UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > The REMINDERS thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Inspired by David, this thread is open to anyone to jot down anything they might need reminding about later on. If you put some kind of date on it, some kind soul might prompt you when the time comes. Or not - if they're feeling wicked they'll remind you the day after!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Remind me to phone someone on Tuesday and tell them about the leak in my roof.

message 3: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Remind me to phone someone on Tuesday and tell them about the leak in my roof."

Do they really want to know? It's not really that interesting, is it?

message 4: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Remind me to give Gingerlily my phone number on Tuesday so she can tell me about the leak in her roof.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well if I offer to pay them some money to fix it they might be interested.

message 6: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Well if I offer to pay them some money to fix it they might be interested."

Oh, you want somebody to mend it! Now I understand. Here's me thinking you just wanted to strike up a conversation.
"I say I say, there's a leak in my roof!"
"I'm surprised it could grow up there without soil!"
"No, I mean my roof's got a hole in it and I might drown."
"Oh no, don't let the rain come down."
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp88nUqP028

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I'm not that desperate for some conversation :)

message 8: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "I'm not that desperate for some conversation :)"

I don't believe you!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I have a life, you know...

message 10: by Joo (new)

Joo (jooo) | 1636 comments Remind me to remember something when I need remembering it.

message 11: by Joo (new)

Joo (jooo) | 1636 comments 'cos I can't quite remember what it was that I needed to remember.

message 12: by Joo (new)

Joo (jooo) | 1636 comments Mind you I did set a reminder on my phone to leave 2 weeks out for the cleaner this week as I forgot last week. I remembered at 3pm and texted her to say there was money in the drawer, but she had left at 2:55pm, so that wasno good.
So can you remember me on Wednesday evening, ta muchly

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Pete wrote: "Remind me to give Gingerlily my phone number on Tuesday so she can tell me about the leak in her roof."

I prefer something local. International conversation mounts up after a while.

message 14: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Joo wrote: "Mind you I did set a reminder on my phone to leave 2 weeks out for the cleaner this week as I forgot last week. I remembered at 3pm and texted her to say there was money in the drawer, but she had..."
No probs.

message 15: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Pete wrote: "Remind me to give Gingerlily my phone number on Tuesday so she can tell me about the leak in her roof."

I prefer something local. International conversation mounts up after a while."

There's always Skype, but my face has been known to crack the glass on tablet screens. :-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments You could join in the regular wednesday night Skype chats. If you don't mind listening to Geoff and Darren rabbit on about obscure films....

message 17: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "You could join in the regular wednesday night Skype chats. If you don't mind listening to Geoff and Darren rabbit on about obscure films...."

You've called my bluff! I don't do Skype on my computer - it hasn't even got a camera!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Skype has an audio only option. Thats what we use on wednesdays. You don't get out of it that easy....

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4325 comments Would I have to remember to look on here in case I asked for a reminder?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments If you ask Pete very nicely he might remember to send you a reminder.

message 21: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments I remember saying something about this, can't remember what it was though.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments David wrote: "I remember saying something about this, can't remember what it was though."

Maybe someone will remind you...

message 23: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "David wrote: "I remember saying something about this, can't remember what it was though."

Maybe someone will remind you..."

Where am I?

Who are you?

This is not my beautiful home.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Why did a talking head just appear from nowhere...?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Remind me to talk to the nurse tomorrow about the drivers spitting on the pavements.

message 26: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments David wrote: "I remember saying something about this, can't remember what it was though."

You wanted some way of reminding you of things you'd forgotten even if no-one else knew. I can't remember why, though.

And Patti - don't forget to talk to the nurse tomorrow about the drivers spitting on the pavements.

message 27: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Jay-me (Janet) wrote: "Would I have to remember to look on here in case I asked for a reminder?"

Janet - just a reminder to check here, in case you've forgotten anything.

message 28: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments This is a stupid thread - who on earth set it up? They need shooting.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Pete wrote: "This is a stupid thread - who on earth set it up? They need shooting."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia...

message 30: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Pete wrote: "This is a stupid thread - who on earth set it up? They need shooting."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia..."

I was thinking : http://cdn8.wn.com/pd/71/3d/e54ca4549...

If only I could remember who started this.

message 32: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "http://assets.creativity-online.com/i..."

Getting warm!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Pete wrote: "Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "http://assets.creativity-online.com/i..."

Getting warm!"

You will be if you are on the wrong end of that!

message 34: by Pete (new)

Pete Carter (petecarter) | 637 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Pete wrote: "Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "http://assets.creativity-online.com/i..."

Getting warm!"

You will be if you are on the wrong end of that!"

Although... it doesn't scare me as much as this.
http://i.imgur.com/7EtshFZ.jpg

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Um yeah. That one is big and scary!

message 36: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher wrote: "Why did a talking head just appear from nowhere...?"

Be careful, if he looks Cross-eyed and Painless he may be a Psycho Killer intent on Burning Down the House unless his Girlfriend is Better.

But that is Life During Wartime for you.

message 37: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Remind me to vote - I think there's an election soon.

message 38: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Tim wrote: "Remind me to vote - I think there's an election soon."

Don't forget to vote for a new group moderator and end the tyra....

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Off with his head!

message 40: by Gingerlily - The Full Wild (last edited May 08, 2015 03:53AM) (new)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti is the Queen of Hearts!

Or should that be Tarts?

message 41: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Plus ca change!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Remind me to collect my passport on Tuesday, please.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Collect your passport on Tuesday.

Remind me to buy knickers and batteries.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Remind me again on Tuesday.

Thought you bought knickers last week?

Dun wanna know about the batteries...

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments No, I bought them half an hour ago. Last week didn't happen.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments No, last week did happen. You probably slept through it.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I remember it now.

message 48: by Anna (last edited Jun 14, 2015 10:23AM) (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1691 comments Cor lummy, I thought I was loopy but I can see I still have a way to go. Phew!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Anna wrote: "Cor lummy, I thought I was loopy but I can see I still have a way to go. Phew!"

You bring in a welcome breath of near-sanity!

message 50: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1691 comments How kind of you to think so. Nobody else does.

« previous 1