WE_ARR Group discussion

Intro > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashwini (last edited May 08, 2015 03:00AM) (new)

Ashwini Gopalkrishnan (authoraadarshini) | 1 comments I am Ashwini Gopalkrishnan an Economics graduate from Nagindas Khandwala Collage of Arts , Commerce and Science. I have also done Ecc.Ed course i.e Pre-Primary Teachers Training Course.I live with my Parents in Mumbai.My hobbies are reading, writing , listening to some good music and blogging .
I love to do a lot of art work.My reading and writing habits have come down through my grand ma and mom whose love reading books have made me a 'bookholic '. I have grown up listening to stories that used come in Ramkrishna Vijayam a tamil magazine.My stories that I write , are stories that contains my mothers soul as she is one who supported in my writing endeavors.Though I miss my grandma a lot who is no more in this world but her words"Beta Ashwini I am always there with you I know you can do"still rings ears .
Reading is an exploration!.

message 2: by Gs. (new)

Gs. Subbu (gssubbu) | 1 comments I graduated as an Engineer from IIT Kharagpur but I retired as a banker from State Bank of India. Though brought up on a staple diet of the English Classics, I grew up being nurtured by the writings of Albert Camus, Sartre, Hesse and Dostoevsky. Camus's 'The Fall' and 'The outsider', Sartre's 'Nausea' Hesse's 'Steppenwolf' and 'The Glass Bead Game' and Dostoevesky's 'Crime and Punishment' have been great influencers.

Though I used to write in my earlier years in a scattered form, it is only during the last four years that it has taken shape through my blog 'Sublimation'where i took the opportunity to explore various facets of life and ultimately led towards the completion of my debut novel 'I am just An Ordinary Man'which is more in the nature of a fictional autobiography.

The books at present on my table are - 'Finding Neema' by Juliet Reynolds. 'Being Mortal' by Dr.Atul Gawande and 'Atmatirtham' by Nochur Venkatraman.

Reading is now the food that stimulates my writings

message 3: by Privy (new)

Privy Trifles (privytrifles) Ashwini wrote: "I am Ashwini Gopalkrishnan an Economics graduate from Nagindas Khandwala Collage of Arts , Commerce and Science. I have also done Ecc.Ed course i.e Pre-Primary Teachers Training Course.I live with ..."

Welcome here Ashwini, do feel free to add your friends and fellow readers to enjoy the interactions the most!

message 4: by Privy (new)

Privy Trifles (privytrifles) GS. wrote: "I graduated as an Engineer from IIT Kharagpur but I retired as a banker from State Bank of India. Though brought up on a staple diet of the English Classics, I grew up being nurtured by the writing..."

Welcome here Sir, looking forward to more interaction with you not only as a reader but also as an author. Do feel free to add your friends and fellow readers to this group to make the most of the activities happening here!