Bookworm Belles discussion

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
This topic is about Vampire Academy
Archives > Let's discuss Vampire Academy

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Savannah (vannah09) | 1261 comments Mod
Please feel free to make any comments, predictions and reviews here! Let's discuss Vampire Academy.

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) I read this book recently. And I really loved it! I finished part 1 & 2 in a day each! I also read part 3, which has a bit of a shocking ending, I think... So now I'm searching for the courage to read part 4-6 (which I already have a month at home, from the library).

I hope you will all enjoy it!

Nikita I love Vampire Academy. It is a great series and one of my top favorites.

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) I can imagine that, Nikita!

message 5: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 18 comments I really loved this series and is one of my favorites. The whole series has twists and turns, and is always interesting. I absolutely love it

message 6: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed the first book in the series. I became interested in it when the movie trailer first came out, but then the movie was flayed by reviewers, and I kind of lost interest. THEN, the book was on sale, and my curiosity got the better of it... I loved it. The narration alone made me finish it in two days, and I can't wait to read more.

Angela I have yet to see the movie, but I feel like it makes the books seem stupid. Which isn't true! This series is awesome.

message 8: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Meldon (liz_meldon) Angela wrote: "I have yet to see the movie, but I feel like it makes the books seem stupid. Which isn't true! This series is awesome."

It 100% does.

message 9: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

The movie was a flop... they tried to make it a comedy/farce... I was REALLY mad!!!

Haley Hunsucker (itishales) | 57 comments Mod
I'm about 30 pages in, and I'm not sure if I like it yet. It's not keeping my attention. My opinion might change once I finish reading though.

Ashley | 34 comments I loved Vampire Academy ermagerd I read the whole series so quickly, I couldnt put the books down! So good, so my twists and omg Rose! She is so relatable and easy to love that Richelle Mead makes her come off the paper and makes her into a real person. I'll admit, I was a bit weirded out about all the blood sucking but it's vampires.. It's in the title, and it it was still a good book.
I loved it! Definitely a favourite!
Aaaaaand the movie was an absolute FLOP.
It was a good try but really didn't get there in the end. I liked the actress of Rose, she tried to get her character but failed in my opinion.. Which is sad but it was alright to watch. It's just so much better to read it!

Haley Hunsucker (itishales) | 57 comments Mod
I just finished the book last night and it was my first time reading it. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really care for it, and that's saying a lot because I LOVE vampires. The story is okay, but I don't like the way it's written. Plus, my edition, which I rented from my library, had several typos and it wasn't even a first edition. I feel like I would have liked this so much more if I had read it in high school when it first came out.

Elsbeth (elsbethgm) I'm now reading part 4 Blood Promise. I was a bit afraid after what happened in part 3, but I'm loving this as much as the first 3...!

message 14: by Charity (new) - added it

Charity | 124 comments I finally got it. Sounds like its better then the movie.

message 15: by Jess (new) - rated it 1 star

Jess | 400 comments I wasn't really a big fan of it. I liked Dimitri though.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I'm through 100 pages so far of the first installment... It's fairly good, except I keep noticing that characters are named after characters and actors from The Princess Diaries! Mia Renaldi, Rose Hathaway... Did anyone else have a problem with this?

message 17: by Savannah, Founding Mother-Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I didn't even catch that till just now. That does bug me... ugh.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) OOOOOO, sorry Savannah! And anyone else who this may suddenly bug! Yikes. I know how awful that can feel. -___-