ThatOneReader's Book Club discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
April Book Club > Parts Four and Five discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mary ♥ (sortofafairytale) | 593 comments Mod
So basically I decided to make this discussion for the last part as today it is the last day of reading it.I want comments on the whole book<3

Kami (kalicu) | 187 comments Mod
Well I LOVE this book. The writing style is so great and makes you feel like you are in the circus.

Same here!!I wish I was in the Circus:(((

Raychul (rraychul) right at the start of part four it is revealed that tsukiko was a past contestant which really shocked me at first but i wasnt really impressed. i dont feel like we got to know her enough to really be bothered by the news.
my favourite character was bailey throughout part 4. as much as i was interested in celia and marcos storyline, i felt like i was rushing through their parts so i could read about bailey again. so i thought it was perfect for the two of them to choose bailey as the new caretaker.
in part 5 i loved the hint that poppet is the new fortune teller because it means she is able to control her powers now.
all of my favourite parts of the book are the parts told directly to the reader, and finding out that its all in the story told by widget was such a perfect ending. i love how it was all tied together

Sophie (randomreadingsofafangirl) | 21 comments Was anyone else confused about the passage of time at the very end of the story? Also, my favorite part was definitely the Midnight Dinner scene or the parts with Celia and Marco really showing their bond with one another and not wanting to end the game with what they thought was inevitable.

message 6: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali (allouin) I honestly wasn't expecting that ending at all. I actually liked the ending and felt it fit well with the book, but the book seemed to drag on and the ending was just really quick and kind of in your face.

I have a headcannon where I believe that somehow Chandresh got his memory back from Marco constantly tampering with it, and he ended up killing himself and that's how he died. I know it's sad, but that's just what I feel like happened.

1)Chandresh is my fave,why do this to me:(((
2)The ending was PERFECTION

Elisa The-Bookie-Monster (the-bookie-monster) | 135 comments I just finished it last night! It's amazingly descriptive, although some of the descriptions were a tad long. I felt like I was in the circus, and I totally want to cosplay Celia

message 9: by Ali (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ali (allouin) Chandresh was my favorite, as well. That's just what I feel happened once Marco did what he did, then Chandresh's memories came back since there was nobody to tamper with them.

Alisha wrote: "Chandresh was my favorite, as well. That's just what I feel happened once Marco did what he did, then Chandresh's memories came back since there was nobody to tamper with them."

Yeahhhh!!*Chandresh fandom*

Raychul (rraychul) what was the passage of time part? i dont have the book with me atm and cant remember what it is

message 12: by Kaitlyn (new) - added it

Kaitlyn (khams) | 4 comments I thought that this book was fantastic. It was nothing like I had expected it would be. I love that Celia and Marco got to stay as part of the circus and that Bailey took over taking care of the circus. This being Widget's story was just such a wonderful way to end.

Kaitlyn wrote: "I thought that this book was fantastic. It was nothing like I had expected it would be. I love that Celia and Marco got to stay as part of the circus and that Bailey took over taking care of the ci..."

The ending was SO FREAKING AMAZING.Actually,along with the ending of the Mortal Instruments series,these were the best endings ever and I have to admit that the ending of the Night Circus was better than TMI!!