Let The Readalong In discussion

Part Two Discussion!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hanaa (new)

Hanaa (hanaae) | 12 comments Mod
A discussion all about part two, which ends, in my edition, on page 183 =)

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) Has anyone started part two yet?

message 3: by Michael (last edited May 07, 2015 08:17PM) (new)

Michael (knowledgelost)
"But he, whose heart a skogsrå steals
it never will recover
His soul will long for moonlight dreams
And no mere mortal lover…"
-- Viktor Rydberg, ‘Skogsrået'

I believe a skogsrå is a beautiful but sinister forest spirit. I love this quote at the start of part two

message 4: by Hanaa (new)

Hanaa (hanaae) | 12 comments Mod
I have! It's pretty ok so far =)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I've finished it this morning. bad bad dreams.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

do you like those guys who hang out at the Chinese restaurant? i remember thinking their parts were really boring when I first read it. but this time it was OK.

message 7: by thebookfox (new)

thebookfox (clairethebookfox) | 5 comments Mod
I just finished part two and I'm loving it!! I don't quite understand the significance of the Chinese Restaurant gang just yet but really enjoy reading about them. It's a good thing I barely remember the film because so far I'm enjoying the book a LOT more :D

message 8: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (themaddiehatter) | 4 comments I just finished part two also! I didn't think the atmosphere was as eerie as in the first part, but I still really liked it!
I have no strong feelings about the guys in the Chinese restaurant...their parts aren't the most exciting parts, but I am curious to see how they will play in the overall story.
I can't remember too much from the movie either...except for maybe one or two scenes...and it's great because it keeps me guessing and really tuned in!

message 9: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bezzabee) I seem to be reading much slower than the rest of you, sorry. I liked this part much better than the first, a lot lower on the creepy factor, I didn't cringe as much, or feel sickened. I definitely want to know more...and I wish Eli had finished that story!