Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1)
This topic is about Something from the Nightside
Previous BOTM threads > Something from the Nightside by Simon R. Green

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
Greetings Lovers of Paranormal!

We've got some urban fantasy as one of our group reads this month, a paranormal detective tale, Something from the Nightside by Simon R. Green.

Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1) by Simon R. Green Simon R. Green

"John Taylor is not a private detective per se, but he has a knack for finding lost things. That's why he's been hired to descend into the Nightside, an otherworldly realm in the center of London where fantasy and reality share renting space and the sun never shines..."

Are you reading Something from the Nightside? Why not shout it out if you're reading it so you can find a book buddy, and then drop your thoughts into the discussion thread below. Just be kind, please, and use the spoiler .html to hide the worst of the spoilers so those who aren't as far along as you are don't get the surprises revealed.

Be epic!
Anna Erishkigal

REMEMBER UKRAINE NOW ReadingReindeer (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 31 comments This one I read a few years ago--quite enjoyed the approach. Plan to read again.

Michael Pang (michaelpang) | 2 comments Simon R. Green is probably one of my favorite authors. The entire Nightside series was very well written. Although after reading a couple of the books, you realize a lot of the characters started sounding a like. I got into the Nightside series because I was a Dresden files fan. There are some similarities between John Taylor and Harry Dresden, and both are very likeable. I actually like the Secret Histories series by Simon R. Green a little better, Eddie Drood is a little more likeable than John. There are a few cross over characters that make both series more interesting. If you're looking for a book series that can masterfully blend together Aliens, Scifi, occult, and christian religion, then check out the Nightside series!

Best regards,

Michael