Women's Classic Literature Enthusiasts discussion

The Life of Charlotte Brontë
This topic is about The Life of Charlotte Brontë
The Life of Charlotte Bronte > Week 4 - Chapters 22-28

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anastasia Kinderman | 654 comments Mod
Discussion for chapters 22-28 here.

message 2: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ (last edited Jun 01, 2015 09:22PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 357 comments I'm at the start of Chapter 24 now. For me, the last few chapters (starting from Branwell's death) are a definite improvement on the middle.

Anastasia Kinderman | 654 comments Mod
***Carol*** wrote: "I'm at the start of Chapter 24 now. For me, the last few chapters (staring from Branwell's death) are a definite improvement on the middle."

This made me laugh. xD Branwell was definitely a...how to put it....weight on the family, lol.

message 4: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ (last edited Jun 01, 2015 09:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 357 comments Anastasia wrote: "***Carol*** wrote: "I'm at the start of Chapter 24 now. For me, the last few chapters (staring from Branwell's death) are a definite improvement on the middle."

This made me laugh. xD Branwell wa..."

Ha, I didn't mean it like that! I did find the centre part dragged & I guess Gaskell was choosing her words very carefully about what sounds (sounds? Heck, was!)like a spoilt & favoured child. I am now on a part where Gaskell is quoting from quite a few letters. Charlotte is springing to life.

Just as well I am not doing the June read here ;) I'm a few days away from finishing this & am leading the June read in another group. I am a slow non fiction reader. :/