YA Fanatics discussion

Discussions > authors who forgot to read their books

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by caitlin (new)

caitlin | 6 comments I was reading Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods and I noticed that Rick Riordan had made a mistake. In the titans curse Zoe, a hunter of Artemis, gets annoyed at Percy for insulting the bear constellation, saying that "it was a fine bear, a worthy opponent.In Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods the bear is a hunter of Artemis who went back on her vows. The bear is killed by a mortal and turned into a constellation by Zeus.
Do know any other books where the Author didn't do his/her research?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I've noticed a few mistakes in Twilight...

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments Odalís wrote: "I've noticed a few mistakes in Twilight..."

That

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

You think so?

message 5: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments what is wrong with twilight its AMAZING

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments *Shrugs*

message 7: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda | 45 comments Mod
Twilight is kind of boring

message 8: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments it is NOT boring.
ui need one reason why you think twilight is boring

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Juliet wrote: "it is NOT boring.
ui need one reason why you think twilight is boring"

the writing drags on and on and on and on... and on. the whole premise is based upon the whole 'boy meets girl, boy is constantly saving girl, girl relies completely on boy and ends up having NO independence (or personality) whatsoever. Bella has about the emotional range of a teaspoon, to quote Hermionie. however many people do like it and are allowed to have their own opinion, but on the other hand so is Lucinda when she says that it is boring.

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments just to add to that, Edward is stalkerish, and the whole 'yeah but I can't make up my mind' thing was annoying. Lastly, all the characters (or at least the main three) were overly obsessed with each other.

BUT, as Lily said, I appreciate that people enjoy them! :)

message 11: by Phoenix2 (new)

Phoenix2 The first book was okay, the rest of the series were boring and had too many mistakes. Maybe they were written in rush or something. But surelly they haven't been read by the author, maybe just once anyway...

message 12: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Zavala (Brandizavala3) | 98 comments a few mistakes in twilight

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

There's a few mistakes in twilight
plus
the main character is boring
and it's a realy tipic story

message 14: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments Lily wrote: "Juliet wrote: "it is NOT boring.

the writing drags on and on and on and on... and on. the whole premise is based upon the whole 'boy meets girl..."

that is a bad reason

message 15: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments Odalís wrote: "There's a few mistakes in twilight
plus
and it's a realy tipic story"

th main character is not boring

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Juliet wrote: "Lily wrote: "Juliet wrote: "it is NOT boring.

the writing drags on and on and on and on... and on. the whole premise is based upon the whole 'b..."

Its actually not and I'm allowed to have your opinion, so are you :\

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Juliet wrote: "Odalís wrote: "There's a few mistakes in twilight
plus

th main character is not boring"

She is allowed to say if she
Thinks the main character is boring.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Juliet wrote: "Odalís wrote: "There's a few mistakes in twilight
plus

th main character is not boring"

what does she have of amazing?

Just one reason

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments hey there's no need to argue about this! everyone has their own opinion on it, which I think is great, as we were all able too read it with different interpretations, which means that the book opened up to a multi-interpretation possibility! I just don't think it's fair to try to convince someone that a book is bad when she thinks it's good! personally I don't like twilight much either, but there are other books that I loved that generally get bad reviews, or that many others didn't like! I think that that is the case with most of the goodreads community as well.

sorry for that little rant ^^ I usually don't go on about something like this! I just don't want a casual discussion to turn into an opinion battle or whatever.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Caroline wrote: "hey there's no need to argue about this! everyone has their own opinion on it, which I think is great, as we were all able too read it with different interpretations, which means that the book open..."

Okay
but we are not arguing
Can't we just devate it?It was just what I was doing
I don't see the big deal of that
sorry if it seemed like a fight or something

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Caroline wrote: "hey there's no need to argue about this! everyone has their own opinion on it, which I think is great, as we were all able too read it with different interpretations, which means that the book open..."

I do understand that she enjoyed the book and I agree that this should just be a friendly discussion, although I don't think anybody was trying to convince anybody that the book is bad, just saying their opinions.
lets keep this friendly :)

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments No yeah maybe 'argue' was the wrong word. There was just a lot of asking for proof and stuff, I just really didn't want the discussion to take a wrong turn =p

and its okay, maybe i'm just over-reading stuff ^^

message 23: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) There is a lot of mistakes in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window but it's one of my favorite books so I forgive easily.