Book Con Attendees discussion

Of Posideon Book Club SPOLIERS > What you didn't like

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah, Main Moderator (new)

Sarah (sassafras88) | 64 comments Mod
I WAS NOT a fan of the immediate death of Chloe. It was the second chapter. I felt like it was way too fast and we never really got know how significant her death was to Chloe.

I also didn't like how stalkerish Galen was. I get he wasn't supposed to understand human relationships, but he was just a full on creep.

Also didn't like how Emma kept mentioning how she was missing school and how it was a "big deal" and then there were no repercussions. Kind of a wasted point.

I wasn't really into Toraf's relationship with Reyan IN THE BEGINNING. They clearly like each other, but I DID NOT like their whole marriage deal where she wasn't present for the wedding.

message 2: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (slytherin07) | 18 comments I feel like the writing wasn't that great.
After reading a lot of We Need Diverse Books Ive become somewhat picky. I feel like Anna Banks just completely ignored the LGBT community. Some comments were just I don't know against it.. That's just be being picky though. Also all of the romances were kind of just there. They were in love and it was cute, but they weren't really sparking *ohmysweetgoodness I have the feels moments* (haha see what I did there :)) Why was Emma allowed to say Jackals but she wouldn't really say anything else.

message 3: by Sarah, Main Moderator (new)

Sydney wrote: "I feel like the writing wasn't that great.
After reading a lot of We Need Diverse Books Ive become somewhat picky. I feel like Anna Banks just completely ignored the LGBT community. Some comments w..."

I totally agree. I feel if someone outlined the story I would be "That's so cool!!" but the story that was created out of that outline was a bit lacking. The idea was there but the words didn't always flow or the ideas didn't really transition.

message 4: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (slytherin07) | 18 comments I agree that a lot of the book could be developed more.

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) I didn't like how it switched from first person to third

message 6: by Sarah, Main Moderator (new)

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) wrote: "I didn't like how it switched from first person to third"

Yes!!! I didn't realize this was happening and something felt off about it and now that you say it I realize this is what that was. It was really weird and made the flow kind of awkward.

message 7: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (slytherin07) | 18 comments I mean I got used to that. It wasn't smooth, but I found it better than the narraration in ALLEGIANT, where you could not tell who was narrating at what time.

message 8: by Sarah, Main Moderator (new)

Sydney wrote: "I mean I got used to that. It wasn't smooth, but I found it better than the narraration in ALLEGIANT, where you could not tell who was narrating at what time."

Yeah, for Allegiant there were parts where it would be "he kissed me" and I thought I was reading from Four and there was some weird shenanigans going on, but then it turned out it was Tris's POV.

This one wasn't as drastic so that I couldn't tell who was talking, but it was the POV that threw me.