Book Con Attendees discussion

Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)
This topic is about Of Poseidon

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah, Main Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sarah (sassafras88) | 64 comments Mod
I felt the plot had a lot of good points and a lot of bad points. Good was that it was very creative, bad was that it was very rushed and I felt it forced. You may see those words come up a lot from me in my review. While I felt everything fell together in the end, WHILE I was reading it, the progression was a little hurried. I also felt there was a great deal of exposition that wasn't doled out as well as it could have been. A lot of it was Galen just explaining things to Emma. I felt a lot of it could have been weaved in instead of just dropped in without care.

The plot itself was very creative and took a few turns I wasn't expecting, especially when Galen kinda just immediately dropped the bomb on the whole "you're a mermaid *sorry, Syrena* thing."

What I liked the most was how they really broke down the whole mermaid thing scientifically. It kept me very interested and I wanted to know more about it. There were a lot of small nuances I enjoyed, but as I was going I found it often frustrating due to its pacing.

Sydney (slytherin07) | 18 comments I feel like Dr. Milligan was about to be a bad guy. I felt like he was kind of a traitor. I feel like he would of made a really good bad guy because it would of been a major plot twist (not that there weren't good ones already) and he kind of acted evil.