Girls Only Book Club discussion

Challenges > May challenge

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) For Mays challenge we're going to focus on God. During the month of May, try to do a few things on goodreads that are God honoring and focused on Him. That could be partcipating in a Bible study on goodreads, reading Biblical books, or even just having a conversation about God and how we can make a difference in the world for Christ. Let's also practice spending our time wisely, especially on the Internet.

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes! Also, you don't just have to do this on Goodreads! You can also do it on Facebook, Snap chat..

message 4: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) That is so awesome!!! Good job!

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Thanks!

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :)
Please tell us what you have done and what you are doing so we can all cheer you on!!

message 7: by ❄Elsa Frost❄ (last edited May 03, 2015 06:30AM) (new)

❄Elsa Frost❄ (elsafrost) I regularly read a lot of Catholic books about God, so I'm probably going to--instead--update my Catholic blog more regularly. If you girls want the link, it's right here:

http://elsafrostthesnowqueen.tumblr.com/

Just spreading the Word of God in the best way that I can!

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Thanks!!

message 9: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) This would also be an awesome challenge to practice in your life anytime and everywhere, not just this month. Just an encouragement for all you girls to share Christ!!! :)

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes!!

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna This is a great challenge!

message 12: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I agree! Thank Tamara for it! It was her idea!!

message 13: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I'm probably going to post something for this challenge on my journal soon. I just have to figure out what first. :)

message 14: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Awesome!

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I want to ask you a couple questions(this is part of my May challenge). How long to you spend reading the Bible? How long should we read the Bible for? What do you think is the best way to tell people about God? And What do you do to honor God? You do not ha e to answer all of these questions if you think they are too personal.

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna I spend reading the Bible, including with my family, about two hours every day.
I think two-three hours is a good amount to read the Bible everyday, maybe even longer.

message 17: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Okay! Wow! Good for you!
I don't do that much.

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna My personal reading time is probably about 30 minutes to an hour, but I do about an hour to two hours with my family everyday.

message 19: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I sometimes do a half am hour. I would say that that is good. The longer the better though. I think we should just be a good person and show them that we are different. We can also invite them to any Bible study/ youth groups. Or just ask them if you can tell them about God. For the last question, I think we should separated ourselves from the bad kids. Show them you are different. Not do bad things. Do your ultimate best to follow his commands.

message 20: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Aηηα wrote: "My personal reading time is probably about 30 minutes to an hour, but I do about an hour to two hours with my family everyday."

Cool! Our family doesn't usually do stuff together because of all the different schedules. We just do it on our own

message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna Oh, okay. During breakfast everyday, we read the Bible together, and at dinner we do too. I agree with the answers to your questions.

message 22: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :) thanks

message 23: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I spend about an hour reading the Bible each day.
I think it's not how long you read the Bible for that's important, but how you take it to heart and apply it in your life. Still, I think at least a half an hour is great, preferably more! :)
I think the best way to tell people about God is to first get to know them, showing them Christ through your words in actions, and of course telling them about God. I think getting to know them personally first is the most effective way.
I try to honor God by how I live and treat others, especially my siblings. Also by how much time I spend with Him and in His Word. I try to forget myself and think only of Him, that way He can shine through me to others.

message 24: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Nice answers! At youth group we learned five simple ways to pray.
Pray/read the Scriptures
The Lords Prayer
Jesus prayer/quick prayer
Simple prayer
Pray about others/others prayer

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Wow, that really cool! I will have to try that. I have to admit that I struggle a lot with prayer! I don't know if any of you are like this, but I tend to get distracted or am at a loss for words to say. And I am trying to work on it. so if you could all please pray for me, that would be great!

message 26: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I am the same!! I will pray!

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna Thanks! :D

message 28: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) ;)

message 29: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Here are three ways to help you with your walk with God:
Meditation
Prayer
Serve

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 1375 comments Amen!

message 31: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes!!

message 32: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) The main thing I did for this challenge was to update my profile to honor God as much as I could. Another thing I've been doing and am still working on is to turn all my conversations towards God in some way. I haven't been entirely successful with that, so I'm going to continue with it. :) What have you alll been doing for this challenge?

message 33: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I have been doing my best everywhere with this challenge. I am reading Christian books. I am trying to steer all discussions towards God!

message 34: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Awesome Haley!!!! :D

message 35: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :) You are doing pretty good also!!!

message 36: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Tganks! :)

message 37: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :)

message 38: by ❄Elsa Frost❄ (new)

❄Elsa Frost❄ (elsafrost) I guess I did OK. I didn't really update my blog much, ha-ha. :P

message 39: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Oh, that's okay. You can still do it you know!! :)

message 40: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes!! You dont have to quit just because it sent May. You can do this year round!