YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Made You Up
This topic is about Made You Up
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Made You Up by Francesca Zappia - Restarting August 16th 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83071 comments Mod
Reality, it turns out, is often not what you perceive it to be—sometimes, there really is someone out to get you. Made You Up tells the story of Alex, a high school senior unable to tell the difference between real life and delusion. This is a compelling and provoking literary debut that will appeal to fans of Wes Anderson, Silver Linings Playbook, and Liar.

Alex fights a daily battle to figure out the difference between reality and delusion. Armed with a take-no-prisoners attitude, her camera, a Magic 8-Ball, and her only ally (her little sister), Alex wages a war against her schizophrenia, determined to stay sane long enough to get into college. She’s pretty optimistic about her chances until classes begin, and she runs into Miles. Didn't she imagine him? Before she knows it, Alex is making friends, going to parties, falling in love, and experiencing all the usual rites of passage for teenagers. But Alex is used to being crazy. She’s not prepared for normal.

Funny, provoking, and ultimately moving, this debut novel featuring the quintessential unreliable narrator will have readers turning the pages and trying to figure out what is real and what is made up.

Prologue (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments I'd like to join this one :)
will probably start later today

That's okay ☺

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments hey, I'll start this later today when I'm home. I'm traveling right now but reading The Lying Game so I could finish it before I start this one.

chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Irena wrote: "hey, I'll start this later today when I'm home. I'm traveling right now but reading The Lying Game so I could finish it before I start this one."

Okay ☺

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments I'm starting it now actually, yesterday I was too tired and went straight to bed when I came home even though it was only,5 p.m. Now I have a little headache so I guess I'm catching something but I hope that won't stop me from reading.

Btw, few minutes ago I've read really good review for this book so my hopes are high!

I read up to 34% last night, but I haven't read any further yet today ☺

chapter 12 (view spoiler)

chapter 15 (view spoiler)

chapter 16 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Chapter 13 .. this whole book is weird, (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Chapter 13 .. this whole book is weird, [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

chapter 20 (view spoiler)

chapter 21 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Chapter 24 [spoilers removed]"

I don't know what is going on!

chapter 25 (view spoiler)

chapter 29 (view spoiler)

chaapter 34 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments I think this book has weird written all over it x(

Chapter 40 (view spoiler)

It really does!

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Sarah wrote: "chaapter 34 [spoilers removed]"

I agree..

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Chapter 48 (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 1 [spoilers removed]"
I don't want to sound like a stupid but I didn't know that abour lobsters. I tought their normal color is red.
I learned sth new today.

chapter 39 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Ending (view spoiler)

Irena wrote: "Sarah wrote: "chapter 1 [spoilers removed]"
I don't want to sound like a stupid but I didn't know that abour lobsters. I tought their normal color is red.
I learned sth new today."

I'd blame Disney, Sebastian in the little mermaid is very red, and he'd only be that colour if he was boiled.

chapter 44 (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Yeah, you're right, it's Disney's fault!

I remember when some children in USA tought cows are purple because of Milka, and I tought they were stupid, but Im no better then them!

chapter 49 (view spoiler)

Irena wrote: "Yeah, you're right, it's Disney's fault!

I remember when some children in USA tought cows are purple because of Milka, and I tought they were stupid, but Im no better then them!"

I wouldn't have known if I hadn't watched Masterchef a lot when I was pregnant!

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Chapter 48 [spoilers removed]"

I couldn't believe it!

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Chap 4: (view spoiler)

Irena wrote: "Chap 4: [spoilers removed]"

he's certainly strange.

chapter 53 (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 12 [spoilers removed]

chapter 15 [spoilers removed]

chapter 16 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Sarah wrote: "ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Chapter 13 .. this whole book is weird, [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, I wonder that too!

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 21 [spoilers removed]"

That's messed up!

Seriously messed up! (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Sarah wrote: "Seriously messed up! [spoilers removed]"

yeah, tbh, I kind o9f got lost in the side story. there and now (view spoiler)

Yeah, that was all a bit weird!

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments chapter 31 (view spoiler)

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Chapter 48
I just had a HUGE wtf moment. (view spoiler)

Irena wrote: "Chapter 48
I just had a HUGE wtf moment. [spoilers removed]"

That shocked me too!!

Irena BookDustMagic | 1420 comments Okay, Ifinishedit few hours ago. Im going to write a review now.
All in all, I likedit. (view spoiler)

message 46: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from August 2nd 2015

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 47: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby | 5454 comments I'd like to join for August 2nd. :)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments Abby wrote: "I'd like to join for August 2nd. :)"

Feel free to join, Abby! :)

Sibil | 1585 comments I'd like to join too! :)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5344 comments I'm going to start a day earlier because I have nothing to read. I hope it's okay. :)

« previous 1