Addicted to YA discussion

Stand Alone > An Ember in the Ashes

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

message 2: by Marie34801 (last edited May 02, 2015 02:53AM) (new)

Marie34801 | 1 comments With all the fuss made about this book I was a little disapointed... Not satisfied by the end and it had a taste of "already read somewhere ". Also I don't see how this can be a stand alone ...
however the world itself was interesting.

Favorite character : Cook

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Vanderbloom (kvanderbloom) | 38 comments My least favorite character wad Marcus and my favorite character was Elias

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin H I absolutely love this book, it had some dark parts to it and I like the overall world these characters live in. My favorite character was Elias. I was torn with the ending, I loved it but it didn't feel finished to me, I'm hoping that it will turn into a series because I definitely need more!

message 5: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments Is it a stand alone book?

message 6: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments Ok thanks :D

message 7: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 74 comments I just got to part two. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I've liked the story line so far and I think it'll be better now with their stories connecting.

message 8: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 74 comments And has anyone else had a problem picturing the mask? At first I pictured it covering their whole face except eyes but they have to eat with it on. It's a little confusing. It may have been explained and I was half asleep when I read it. I just can't imagine it really..

message 9: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (alwaysivy) BriAnna wrote: "And has anyone else had a problem picturing the mask? At first I pictured it covering their whole face except eyes but they have to eat with it on. It's a little confusing. It may have been explain..."

I can't imagine it at all other than the part where (view spoiler). I might have read it wrong, but I don't think I did...

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 27 comments I enjoyed the Second part of the book more, but at the end I felt like the story was incomplete, so many unanswered questions.I hope it gets picked up for another book.

message 11: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (alwaysivy) Addy wrote: I remember reading about those too, but I got the impression that they were located near where it attached at the neck.

Ohh, yeah, that makes sense. They mentioned a lot of times when his neck would bleed. I wish there was just a picture or something we could go by.

message 12: by Petuli (new)

Petuli | 9 comments This cannot possibly be a stand alone, right?? But I enjoyed it very much :)

message 13: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 74 comments I feel like sometimes it was slow and then it would be action packed. It's going to be a hard book to read because some of it was ok and some of it was really good! I hope they come out with a second book because there are so many unanswered questions.

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Stone (jackie-o-lantern) This book was a lot darker than most YA. I really liked that about it.

message 15: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 74 comments I agree, I was saw that the suggested age was 14 and up. I thought it was a little dark for that age.

message 16: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 2 comments needs a sequel - at least. maybe more than 1. and maybe other characters POV? At least for the time being since know Elias/Laia are traveling together, it opens up maybe for other characters to share their views a tad more perhaps

message 17: by Shelleen (new)

Shelleen Toland I loved this book and am hoping that the publisher picks up this author for a 2nd book. I really hated Marcus but not as much as the Commandor. I really liked Elias/Laia.

message 18: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 74 comments I hope they make it into a trilogy

message 19: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 74 comments I hope they make it into a trilogy

message 20: by BriAnna (new)

BriAnna Smith Cooper | 74 comments I just saw Penguin announce that it did get picked up for a sequel

message 21: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (alwaysivy) BriAnna wrote: "I just saw Penguin announce that it did get picked up for a sequel"

Thank goodness! That will hopefully stop people from being all, "That ending, 'doe!"

Laura (acquariusgb) (acquariusgb) | 27 comments BriAnna wrote: "I just saw Penguin announce that it did get picked up for a sequel"

That's great news. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for the info

message 23: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 2 comments that is great news :)

message 24: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 56 comments I wasn't sure how I felt about this book at first but I ended up really loving it.