Terry Pratchett Fans discussion

Group Read > Group Read: The Wee Free Men

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 58 comments It's a fun one.

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Koh | 32 comments Super excited! I haven't read it before either and it's really refreshing to see a Discworld book in the young adult genre. About 30% through... Not bad at all!

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Koh | 32 comments Oh and don't forget Mordechai's excellent review of the book!

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 58 comments Picking up clues in the toad's dialog, that he's a (view spoiler). Didn't when I read it before.

And I must observe that the reason why the fairy tales so often have a wicked witch because a benevolent witch who gave the kids cookies and directions home would make for a short story. Except when the character is on a quest, in which case the witch often is good and gives her directions for her next location and a present she will need. . . .

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Koh | 32 comments Okay, done! It was written in a YA style which made it a quicker read (though I think it's more early teens than YA).

It was really good! Apart from the different style I appreciated the flashback literary devices that I at least haven't read in STP's other books.

And yes about the toad I noticed all the hints but I thought that it wouldn't have been so literal ☺. I'm looking forward to reading the next in the Tiffany Aching series!

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Koh | 32 comments How is everyone going with this? I'm looking forward to A Hat Full of Sky now!

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 58 comments Read all three of them.

(Pay no attention to the rumors of more.)