She-Geeks discussion

Sci-fi & Fantasy Literature > May 2015 Read: The Color of Magic

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 307 comments Mod
Our May novel is The Color of Magic. And boy that hurt my British self to spell that without the U!

message 2: by BellaGBear (new)

BellaGBear We can always ignore the horrible American spelling!

Lovely series, but I think the colour of magic is story wise not the best of Discworl. Altough Rincewind, the tourist and luggage are amazing characters the series could not have done without

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Dunn | 4 comments I read this a while back and loved it. I had tried to read Terry Pratchett several times before, but could never get into them (I absolutely adored Good Omens though). When he died and everyone was talking about him I figured I would give the discworld another try... Now I am looking everywhere trying to find the rest of his books.

If you find it easier to listen to books I would recommend this youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgmqJ...
He reads the books aloud, and some of his reactions are almost funnier than the puns themselves. (he also does a couple more terry pratchett, and some tamora pierce books)

message 4: by Chinook (new)

Chinook | 8 comments I read this about five years ago and then the second one more recently. I loved the riffing on Anne McCaffrey and I sensed that there were probably more jokes about other fantasy books that just went over my head. I'm slowly going to work my way through all of Discworld.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 109 comments My first Discworld book was Thud! which I completely accidentally read out of order about a year ago. I loved it! So I thought I'd start at the beginning. I picked this up a while back, and while I thought it was ok, I didn't love it. My library doesn't have the second book, so I dropped off the series. I need to pick it back up, because I know it gets better, and I'm really curious to get into this world.