What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)
This topic is about Lover at Last
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance - Mob puts a hit on a male vampire using a female assassin [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments Hi there

Been curious about a book for a while, after reading a similar plot in another post. Two brothers in mob put a hit on a male vampire, a female assassin takes the job. Vampire sees assassin sneaking around his property and warns off brothers. She is told to stop but goes back to property. She doesn't know he is a vampire. He is intrigued by her and starts following her around. She and her grandmother (?) share a house and are put in danger at one point (not by vampire) and I think the grandmother is housebound.

Lost the book when I moved my book files around, would like to read it again. Time period - contemporary, I probably read it in the last two years, don't remember when it was published, I think it was set in America, don't remember covers so can't give any help there.

Cheers :)

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments bump

Simmie (simmiegal) | 15 comments I think that was the black dagger brother hood series. Assail and Sola. last book before The king. I think it was lover's at last maybe. Good luck. "Lover at last" by JR Ward.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments Thanks Simmie for the suggestion. I read the vampire/assassin romance before seeing any of Ward's books and it's a separate story line not part of Ward's bdb series or later series, her characters are pretty memorable.

message 5: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
A guess - Spider's Bite or something in the "Elemental Assassin" series by Jennifer Estep?

Tracy, around what year did you read this book?

Is the female assassin human with no paranormal powers?

message 6: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 609 comments How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire or one of books in this series

message 7: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

I read it as an ebook in the last two years, but I can't tell you when it was published.

Yes the female was human with no paranormal powers or knowledge of paranormal before meeting the vampire. He also seems to be an older vampire and a recluse on a country property. I remember her having to ski to get to his property so the season started in winter.

Simmie (simmiegal) | 15 comments This sounds just like BDB lol…I'm no help though.

message 9: by Tracy (last edited May 09, 2016 06:53PM) (new)

Tracy | 86 comments I finally got through that book you suggested Simmie and you were right, I remembered a very small part of a side story to Lover at Last. Thanks. Took me a while to go through the series again.

message 10: by Martha (new)

Martha Boltares | 2 comments I'm not sure but this almost sounds like the Kerrelyn Sparks series of books. I have a few of them.

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 86 comments Martha wrote: "I'm not sure but this almost sounds like the Kerrelyn Sparks series of books. I have a few of them."

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look for my reading list.