2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8)
This topic is about Fatal Scandal
Fatal Series > Fatal Scandal (#8) Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Description
As a new year dawns in the capital city, dual scandals rock the Metropolitan Police Department—and Lieutenant Sam Holland is right in the middle of them. Chief Farnsworth is catching heat for the way he handled a recent homicide investigation, and Detective Gonzales is accused of failing to disclose an earlier connection to the judge who decided his custody hearing.

When Gonzo's fight for his child turns deadly and he has a shaky alibi, Sam must defend two of her closest colleagues. All while her husband, Vice President Nick Cappuano, settles into his new office at the White House.

Nick begins to wonder if the president is using him for a political boost, and his worries mount over a complication in the plans to adopt Scotty at a time when Sam is being put through the wringer by the always-rabid DC press corps. As the evidence against Gonzo piles up, Sam suspects someone is gunning for her—and her team.

Cast List
(view spoiler)

I really liked this story, but....there's no way Sam would be allowed to go without protection in Washington, DC.

Loriidae One of my favourite books in the series. I enjoyed the suspense of this one, I didn't pick the villain until just before the big reveal. I like how this plot linked back through all the books, because of that.

Being able to continue to pursue such an active career, linked to such a high profile didn't ring true with me. But I guess if she accepted a desk job, she wouldn't be Sam.

I cheered when Nick stood up against the President, deciding to make his own mark as VP.

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 29, 2016 10:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

First of all, why was Stahl allowed bail? He tried to kill a police officer!!!

I think the president has an unrevealed agenda and is definitely using Nick, who will get the better of him.

I was caught completely off guard when it was revealed that Marissa Springer and Stahl were in cahoots. I did think Sam should have stepped back when she realized Marissa would have seen the killer from the tapes. Why she went back into that house alone was really, really crazy.

I'm hoping that in the next book Sam is forced to update her electronics. Otherwise, I'm going to have serious issues with the credibility of the story if she continues being allowed to operate without protection. She's a walking target and this just is outrageous.

Chris Gordon | 1 comments I really like this series. Sam is such a "ballsy" lady. I can certainly understand why her team support her so strongly. There are details that are not totally believable - like Sam ,as the second lady, being allowed to continue her job as a cop in the field without a secret service tail with her, but I really enjoy that Nick as the VP doesn't want Sam to have to quit her job.5 stars from me. Roll on Fatal Frenzy.

I'm with you, Chris. No way should she not have a detail.