2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Fatal Jeopardy (Fatal, #7)
This topic is about Fatal Jeopardy
Fatal Series > Fatal Jeopardy (#7) Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Description
Washington, D.C. Police Lieutenant Sam Holland and her husband, U.S. Senator Nick Cappuano, have been looking forward to a quiet Thanksgiving with their son. But any thoughts of a restful holiday are dashed when Sam and Nick return home to a gruesome scene: Sam's seventeen-year-old niece Brooke, barely conscious and covered in blood on their front stoop.

With lines between personal and professional blurring in this emotionally charged, deeply personal case, Sam is relying on Nick more than ever for support. But when suspicious images from the night in question appear on social media, Sam begins to wonder if her niece is telling her everything she knows about what really happened. And when Nick questions her tactics—and her ethics—as she races against the clock, Sam will need to decide how far she's willing to go to prove Brooke is a victim, not a murderer.

Cast List
(view spoiler)

This story just gutted me. The idea of someone close to me being treated the way that Brooke was treated and to have it filmed, on display for everyone to see was painful. I anticipated that Brooke was headed for disaster but this was more than I'd imagined. But, it seems to be in tandem with the stories I'm reading about the environment of today's teens. Just awful. I kept hoping it wasn't what it was.

Loriidae I agree totally. It was such a true portrayal of the tendency of today's society to stand back and film an incident, rather than step in and help.

I liked that Brooke had Jeannie to talk to, and begin healing.

Doctor Harry is one of my favourite characters in this series.

I like Harry, too. Wonder who he may be paired with later.

I've got to believe that talk with Brooke was just as therapeutic for Jeannie, too.