Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Group Read! > Group Read Submission Guidelines

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily V, Head Mod (last edited Jun 17, 2015 03:28AM) (new)

Emily V (xemilyx) | 687 comments Mod
By submitting your book for the Group Read you agree to:
- Provide free copies of your book to those who request it unless stated otherwise. Charging for the copies would likely result in decreased interest.
- Be a good winner/loser, no arguing the decisions of the polls.
- Be contactable when the poll ends so that I can find out how you will disperse the books.
- People who request your book are not required to review it but if you request feedback in the Group Read threads then I'm sure others will comply!
- You must only submit your OWN novel because you must have the means of distributing the books you suggest.
- Please only put forward one of your books per month, it isn't fair otherwise.
- Submissions will REQUIRE an excerpt to give readers a feel of the books.
- ONLY POST YOUR BOOK IN ONE GENRE AND MAKE SURE IT ACTUALLY FITS THAT GENRE!

Let me know if you have any questions.

message 2: by Helen (new)

Helen Yeomans | 4 comments Emily V wrote: "By submitting your book for the Group Read you agree to:
- Provide free copies of your book to those who request it unless stated otherwise. Charging for the copies would likely result in decreased..."

Are ebooks acceptable?

message 3: by Emily V, Head Mod (new)

Absolutely!

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen Yeomans | 4 comments I'm not sure how this group read thing works, but would my YA novel be a suitable candidate? I'm happy to provide epub or mobi copies at no charge.

message 5: by Emily V, Head Mod (new)

Anyone can submit their books provided they can meet the guidelines. Make sure to submit in the June group read thread not here

message 6: by Pat (new)

Pat Anderson | 3 comments I was wondering about supplying copies of a book. Since my books are self-published on Amazon, I have to purchase copies myself to supply to readers. I am only talking about hard copies here; I could easily supply e-books free of charge. How many hard copies, on average, are usually supplied? The reason I ask is because I would find it difficult to afford if the numbers were running into double figures and beyond!

Thanks!

message 7: by Emily V, Head Mod (new)

Pat, ebooks are the norm. Stick to those I'd suggest and save the hard copies for reviewers :)

message 8: by H.R. (new)

H.R. (hrjakes) | 10 comments When you say "make sure to submit in the June group read thread not here", where do I find that to offer a free book?

message 9: by Emily V, Head Mod (new)

The genre specific group read threads will be up tomorrow for submissions. If you don't fit the genres just make a thread of your own for your book and put it in the right folder.

message 10: by Noorilhuda (new)

Noorilhuda | 51 comments Emily, h, just a quick thought - a great concept but isn't it slightly limiting in scope - there is no group read for non-fiction, literary fiction, thriller/ suspense, etc. - just a thought!

message 11: by Emily V, Head Mod (new)

We vote on different genres each month. We can't possibly cover then all every month!