Genre Readers looking to expand discussion

Archives_Challenges > POE: Which Book Is For You? Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Apr 29, 2015 04:42PM) (new)

Melissa | 1202 comments Mod
This is a short, simple challenge. Take this quiz to see which Edgar Allen Poe work was written for you and then read it.

http://www.playbuzz.com/stephanies15/...

Post your thoughts and if you read the book you got from the quiz here.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1202 comments Mod
I got the Tell Tale Heart

The Tell Tale Heart is your written piece from Edgar Allan Poe! We're guessing you have a guilty conscience or you've lost your mind once or twice in your lifetime. Have you ever committed an action that had no specific motive? And therefore, you considered it unjust and ethically or morally wrong? According to your results, we're going to go ahead and answer yes to those questions for you. The Tell Tale Heart describes the intervals of insanity possessed by a murderer, who has killed and dismembered and old man and hidden him beneath his floorboards. Soon enough, the hallucinatory sounds of the old man's heartbeat which has manifested itself due to the murderer's guilt, drives him insane. At the end of the story, the murdering narrator confesses to the investigating police what he has done, since he can no longer bear the growing sound of the old man's heartbeat and can not live with what he has done. We aren't suggesting you've murdered anyone, but is there anything you'd like to come clean about that may be making you a little mad?

I've read it before but I believe I will do a reread on it.

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin | 405 comments I got the Tell Tale Heart.

I read it back in Middle School, but I need to reread it again.

message 4: by Lea Ann (new)

Lea Ann (buntingla) | 622 comments I got the Tell Tale Heart too.