All the Books! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Read-A-Thon > Read a Thon #4

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
May 2015

This month's theme is "Art" and will start on May 23rd and end on May 30th.

((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

Because this month's theme is Art, try to read at least one graphic novel, comic book, manga, or novel with illustrations!

Post here in this topic each of the books you read
Please only post once and update

message 2: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Apr 29, 2015 10:04AM) (new)

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I'm not familiar with a lot of books with illustrations so can someone give some recommendations?

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 138 comments I'd love some suggestions too!

I read A Monster Calls recently which is full of illustrations.

message 4: by Brie (new)

Brie | 569 comments Same here, suggestions please!

message 5: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments Blood Work (The Hollows Graphic Novel, #1) by Kim Harrison was great. I love Kim Harrison books. That is the only graphic novel I have read. or what about Hyperbole and a Half Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened by Allie Brosh

message 6: by Brie (new)

Brie | 569 comments Thank you Lucy and Brandy, these look really good! I've read Miss Peregrine's Home books, so much more with the photographs!

message 7: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 138 comments Ohh I have a few of those on my TBR already! Thanks for the recommendations! :)

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited May 01, 2015 04:12PM) (new)

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
I've been wanting to read Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened for awhile! That's perfect. Just borrowed it from the library.

I also placed the 5th diary of a wimpy kid on hold The Ugly Truth

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Would manga books count because they have illustrations?

message 10: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Alex wrote: "Would manga books count because they have illustrations?"

Sure!

message 11: by Erika (last edited May 27, 2015 12:05PM) (new)

Erika | 23 comments I borrowed Persepolis 1 & 2 from the library, Had Fables Vol 1, and borrowed a children's book as well for the read a thon.
hyperbole and a half is hilarious!
I'm thinking of breaking out some Shel Silverstein too, since his books are filled with illustrations

And now for the list of what I've read :)

Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile
Batman: The Dark Knight, Vol. 4: Clay
Batman: The Dark Knight, Requiem
Batman: The Dark Knight, When Allies Become Enimies
Loot Crate Comic: Adventures of Holo John
Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood
Persepolis 2: The Story of a Return
Cinder Edna
Every Thing on It
Anya's Ghost

message 12: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments Erika wrote: "I borrowed Persepolis 1 & 2 from the library, Had Fables Vol 1, and borrowed a children's book as well for the read a thon.
hyperbole and a half is hilarious!
I'm thinking of breaking out some Sh..."

if you are doing the 26 book challenge you can use it for the book with illustration, or Shel Silverstein is a great choice for book of poems.

message 13: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited May 25, 2015 08:24AM) (new)

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
This starts tomorrow! I think I'm going to get in 4-5 books this week. I'm feeling confident about it!!

So far I know I'll be reading (whether or not I finish them all is another story!)
Trial by Fire (Worldwalker, #1) by Josephine Angelini End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5) by Jeff Kinney The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) by Patrick Ness Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2) by Pierce Brown

Completed
1. The Ugly Truth
**This is my Art themed book too!**

In Progress
1. Trial by Fire
2. A Discovery of Witches
3. End of Days

Planned
1. The Ask and the Answer
2. Golden Son

message 14: by Brie (new)

Brie | 569 comments I am also aiming for a couple books for this athon.
Besides reading Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness I'm reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and planning on getting into A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and maybe Through the Woods by Emily Carroll for good measure!

message 15: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3890 comments Mod
Brie you'll have to let me know how the Graveyard Book is! I definitely want to read that one!

message 16: by Brie (new)

Brie | 569 comments Sara wrote: "Brie you'll have to let me know how the Graveyard Book is! I definitely want to read that one!"

So far it's good but a bit creepy and sad Sara, but it is titled The Graveyard Book lol!

message 17: by Nicola (last edited May 30, 2015 08:09AM) (new)

Nicola | 138 comments I'm aiming for 4 books!

Upcoming:
The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1) by Virginia Boecker

Completed:
End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
Through the Woods by Emily Carroll (Thanks for recommending this Lucy - love the look of it! ETA: Really enjoyed this!)

message 18: by Erika (new)

Erika | 23 comments Awesome! I didn't even think of that!
I just grabbed up Through The Wood and Anya's Ghost from the library too! Excited to get reading. Yay readathon!

message 19: by Erika (new)

Erika | 23 comments Lucy wrote: "Nicola wrote: Through the Woods by Emily Carroll (Thanks for recommending this Lucy - love the look of it!)
..."

No problem, hope you enjoy it Nicola :) You too Erika!"

Its soooo good!

message 20: by Brie (new)

Brie | 569 comments Finished The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman I really liked it!
And will be starting A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and Through the Woods by Emily Carroll

message 21: by Brie (new)

Brie | 569 comments Nicola wrote: "I'd love some suggestions too!

I read A Monster Calls recently which is full of illustrations."

I just finished A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and (view spoiler) Thanks for the recommendation Nicola!

message 22: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 138 comments Brie wrote: "Nicola wrote: "I'd love some suggestions too!

I just finished A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and [spoilers rem..."

You're welcome! It wasn't at all what I was expecting either and it was a really nice surprise! I loved the illustrations :)

message 23: by Brie (new)

Brie | 569 comments Nicola wrote: "Brie wrote: "Nicola wrote: "I'd love some suggestions too!

I just finished A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and ..."

I really liked them as well, they were just enough of a picture to create one of your own ideas too.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.