.:.Book Bodega.:. discussion

Z for Zachariah
This topic is about Z for Zachariah
Book Discussions > May: Comment As You Read | Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammee (new) - added it

Sammee (chasing_sammee) | 379 comments Mod
May: Comment As You Read | Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien. Leave your thoughts here as you are reading. Just make sure to say which chapter you're on so that there are no spoilers.

message 2: by Mia (new)

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments I'm waiting for this one to get to my library. Ho hum. Guess I'll read some Walking Dead comics and maybe try more Colm Toibin books while I wait.

message 3: by Mia (new)

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments Page 36. Interesting, with the influx of teen post apocalyptic books, to read one written in 1973. So far, enjoying it.

Kai Hunter | 192 comments Started today. Not that far in yet, but have to say he is also the author of Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, which I've always wanted to read because I liked the movie so much.

message 5: by Mia (new)

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments I never saw the movie of the Rats of NIMH because I read the book when I was a kid and didn't trust the movie to do it justice! :-)
I finished this one - Z for Zachariah - and I actually did enjoy it. It has a different feel from one of today's post-apocalyptic books. I'll say more after Kai (and others) has finished.

Kai Hunter | 192 comments Chapter 23, page 217 - I've reached a point where I don't want to read anymore, but feel compelled to continue. It's a dreary, rainy day, which seems very fitting for the end of this one.

message 7: by Mia (new)

Mia (miapea) | 359 comments There was one point where it was dragging so much I wanted to put it down also.

Kai Hunter | 192 comments Finished - I really enjoyed this read, and find it very well written for the age group it was intended for. However, this huge part of me wished the man to pop out of the safe-suit did not have issues, wasn't a control freak, loved to do chores and felt the compulsion to gently rub Ann's feet most nights. Sadly I guess that's not the post-apocalyptic stories play out.
On a (maybe) final note. This one makes me want to go out and start getting all the e-books on my Kindle cloud in regular book form. lol