Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

May 2015: Driven/Dead Winter > Main pick is in a $0.99 box set

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth P Driven (by Eve Silver/Kenin) is one of the books in this $0.99 box set: http://www.amazon.com/Women-Apocalyps...

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (theloudlady) | 180 comments Thank you very much for this link.

message 3: by Kari (new)

Kari | 32 comments Awesome, thanks!

message 4: by Cayt (new)

Cayt Landis (mithrril) | 39 comments Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna | 135 comments Awesome!

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna | 135 comments Awesome!

message 7: by fenixphire (new)

fenixphire | 10 comments Awesome! Thanks!

message 8: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Oh cool!

message 9: by Gunnhildur (new)

Gunnhildur Rúnarsdóttir (grafarholt) | 173 comments This is great. Thank you.
Looks like an interesting mix of stories.

message 10: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (the_great_linzini) | 56 comments Perfect! Yay!

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth P Happy to help!

message 12: by fenixphire (last edited Apr 30, 2015 11:57AM) (new)

fenixphire | 10 comments One thing that may be worth pointing out: There is a note towards the end of the box set version of the book that says "this digital version" includes some extra scenes. I don't know if that is true for all digital versions or only applies to the box set version, nor how significant the added scenes are, but it could lead to some readers having a different experience with the book depending on which version they read.

message 13: by Moarbooxpls (new)

Moarbooxpls | 18 comments Thanks!

message 14: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
If anyone reads any of these in the bundle that are really awesome let us know! I love this genre and am always looking for more books to read. I'll make my way through them too.

message 15: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Weis | 60 comments Thank you for the tip! (Amazon 1-click is so bad for my wallet...)

;-)

message 16: by Dianna (new)

Dianna (grlpants) | 2 comments This is a great anthology~! Curvy girls getting some of that sexy love too~!

And some really great stories are in it: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 17: by Dianna (new)

Dianna (grlpants) | 2 comments Here's the Amazon link: 99 cents! It's on special! -- http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=x...

message 18: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments thanks for the heads up. I grabbed the pack.

message 19: by Keith (new)

Keith (dredchupacabra) | 19 comments That was a great find. Thanks for sharing.

message 20: by Anelle (new)

Anelle Ammons Thanks so much for sharing! Super excited!

message 21: by Xanthi (new)

Xanthi | 52 comments Thanks! I didn't see this post untill after I purchased the book on amazon (one click purchase) but I was able to return/refund it and get this bundle instead :)

message 22: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments I'm reading Silver, the first book, and really liking it. I don't think there is a romance, but really like interesting female characters.

message 23: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn No (jocelynno) | 34 comments If anyone else is a Scribd subscriber, this month's pick is on there, and under the author name "Eve Silver."

message 24: by Frakki (last edited May 13, 2015 09:01PM) (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments I'm going to recommend The SILVER Series by Keira Michelle Telford to anyone who likes Alpha-women. It's the first story in the Women of the Apocalypse. I just got the third book in the series. (so much for reading the alt.)

Remember the Marines in the first two Aliens movies? they had these tough guys and gals that were assholes to each other, but you could feel the love? the stories are like that. can't say I like the everyon, but they are interesting. and, the writing is much better than... well, I won't name books.

The world is pretty harsh. some of it makes me uncomfortable. But, I think it is part of a story arch. There's sex, but not written about in detail.

I've give the the first book and the short story four stars, which is high for me.

message 25: by Frakki (last edited May 13, 2015 08:57PM) (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments oh, I forgot to mention one of the hard ass hunter/Marine women is also blind. I though that was an interesting twist. not super power blind like Daredevil, but just someone who has learned to navigate and fight useing smells and sound. plus, she has beautiful red hair and wears power suits. she's a rich (for the apocalypse) bytch.

message 26: by Gunnhildur (new)

Gunnhildur Rúnarsdóttir (grafarholt) | 173 comments I'm reading SILVER: Acheron (A River of Pain) (The Amaranthe Chronicles, #1) the first story in Women of the Apocalypse. From the blurb, this story sounded most promising in the collection and I'm liking it so far.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Love Scribd! Got it, thanks!

message 28: by Frakki (last edited May 25, 2015 06:51PM) (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments So I got sucked into the Silver series. I'm on a book bender! Thank god most of them are only $0.99.

Still not much sexy times, but I'm hooked. Nice to have leads in their 30s for a change.

message 29: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments I skimmed to other stories in the book but most seemed to be more fantasy based than dystopian future.

message 30: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments Flaming Dove is really good so far. its about half-sisters; one angel, one demon and angel. it reads like an anime. a warrior with her faithful wolf dog.