YA Fanatics discussion

Reading on Ipad or tablet... Yay or Nay?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

it hurts my eyes...

message 2: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Paslidis | 30 comments Mod
NAY!!!!!!!!!!!

message 3: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda | 45 comments Mod
No way

Alexandra Beatriz (ummduhitsme) | 45 comments nay

message 5: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Nay!
It doesn't particularly hurt my eyes, but the light does keep me awake. Books generally make people sleepy, right? If I had a tablet, I would stay up til three in the morning much more often than I do now, reading.

message 6: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments NO way!

message 7: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle King | 23 comments NAY!!!!!! books are beautiful!!!

Alexandra Beatriz (ummduhitsme) | 45 comments I agree, books are beautiful!

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Annabelle wrote: "NAY!!!!!! books are beautiful!!!"

Alex wrote: "I agree, books are beautiful!"

:D Haha!
But still, of course!

message 10: by Abi (new)

Abi (booksa144) I do both. Kindle/digital copies of books are generally less expensive, though.

message 11: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments Nay.

message 12: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz | 15 comments Uhm.. felling akward and intrusive for just inserting myself into the discussion, so I guess presentations are required before I say my opinion. Hey guys, I'm Bea, I am 16 and brazillian, and I love books. Ok, now you know who I am, now I can say my honest opinion. There are some places in the world - like, per say, Brazil - Where books are very expensive and mostly unavaiable. Yes, we get the NY best sellers list, they tranlate every single book on that thing, but we don't really get new releases, or contemporany, or not that famous books, and the few places who import them are really expensive and mostly papaerbacks, not worth it. So the best solution, and I am sorry to say, because I love fisical books, kindle. It is the last resourse, and if the book eventually comes out here, we buy it. So yeah, e-books can be good. Depends a lot on the situation.

message 13: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments Hey Bea! Yeah, that makes sense, I guess I just really like the feel of a book in my hand (I'll tell you a secret, sometimes I do read on electronics, just not that often). And that so sad! I know that the world's not great everywhere, but the thought of someone who loves reading not being able to get books, makes me want to cry :(

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Beatriz wrote: "Uhm.. felling akward and intrusive for just inserting myself into the discussion, so I guess presentations are required before I say my opinion. Hey guys, I'm Bea, I am 16 and brazillian, and I lov..."

Hi bea! Thanks so much for contributing to the group. I totally understand your opinion. Here in Australia, books are way more expensive as well.

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments Hi! I"m Caroline, aka Wings. I has a book blog, I'm a fan of too many books and series to list, and yeah =p Sorry for just joining with no warning, but the conversations here looked interesting! ^^

So Reading with tablets

Nay, BUT when books or series have side-stories, I'll read them on tablet, cus where I live, books are super expensive, and I don't want to pay that much for a side story. So in that case a tablet is fine.
HOWEVER if its a main series book, real books will always win.

Anyone get what I mean? I hope its not just me ^^

message 16: by Abi (new)

Abi (booksa144) I read on my kindle a lot because my library doesn't always have books I want to read (plus kindle books are cheaper). But I still love reading real books!

message 17: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz | 15 comments Alexandra wrote: "Hey Bea! Yeah, that makes sense, I guess I just really like the feel of a book in my hand (I'll tell you a secret, sometimes I do read on electronics, just not that often). And that so sad! I know ..."

Thanks, but I do get books, just not all the ones that I would like to read, for example I have to wait about tree more months before The Heir - cries - and that's because it is a best seller.
We had to make a signy-thingy to convince them to lauch Looking for Alaska. And it is slowly getting better. Apperently teenagers are getting more and more interested in books so the market is starting to expand. But stil... Most books, only on kindle. I feel like I write too much. Sorry.

message 18: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz | 15 comments Lily wrote: "Beatriz wrote: "Uhm.. felling akward and intrusive for just inserting myself into the discussion, so I guess presentations are required before I say my opinion. Hey guys, I'm Bea, I am 16 and brazi..."

Hi back, and thanks. Really.

message 19: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments Beatriz wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Hey Bea! Yeah, that makes sense, I guess I just really like the feel of a book in my hand (I'll tell you a secret, sometimes I do read on electronics, just not that often). And th..."

Oh my goodness, The Heir from the Selection series? I want to read that so bad! I actually only recently read the first 3 books in the series, and was super excited to hear there was going to be more additions with... 2 more books? I think.

message 20: by Abi (new)

Abi (booksa144) There will be two more books in the Selection series (The Heir and an as yet untitled book)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I read sometimes in the tab
but I just read books in a tab if I have no option like the book is not published in my country or is only translated in english
Basically I read manga on my tab, because on internet you can find more and I read a lot
plus, one of my favourites is an online manga and I can't wait till the volumes get published so I read it on the official Web page on my tab

message 22: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) It depends on if the book I want is available faster on e-book. I would much rather read with a book but I always enjoy being able to whip out my phone and start reading a book. Also phones are easier to take places. Hands down though I love the feel and smell of books. Turning the pages just isn't the same in a book compared to on a phone/tablet.

message 23: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz | 15 comments Alexandra wrote: "Beatriz wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Hey Bea! Yeah, that makes sense, I guess I just really like the feel of a book in my hand (I'll tell you a secret, sometimes I do read on electronics, just not tha..."

I finally got to read the Heir. gosh. I love Kiera Cass so much... but Eadlyn was no what I was expecting.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Beatriz wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Beatriz wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Hey Bea! Yeah, that makes sense, I guess I just really like the feel of a book in my hand (I'll tell you a secret, sometimes I do read on electro..."

I didn't really like her

message 25: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments yeah Eadlyn was a bit of a snobby stereo type princess

message 26: by Abi (new)

Abi (booksa144) America was AWESOME! Eadlyn...not so much. Don't get me wrong, I thought she was okay, but America was DEFINITELY BETTER. (Sorry, I am emphasizing, not yelling)

message 27: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz | 15 comments I agree, I don't know what happened for America's daughter to end up like that, but I kind of understand I mean, being the heir... It sounds like a lot of pressure.