Last One Home (New Beginnings, #1) Last One Home question

Have you (or someone you know) ever been in an abusive relationship?
Cecelia Cecelia (last edited Apr 29, 2015 07:41AM ) Apr 28, 2015 06:37PM
Spoiler:

In Last One Home, Cassie is still suffering, emotionally, from the pain of being abused by her ex-husband, Duke.

Have you ever been in an abusive relationship? If so, how long did it take for you to leave your abuser?

a girl I was friends with growing up was killed by her estranged husband he shot her 6 times

Cecelia So so sad.
May 01, 2015 06:37PM · flag

My abuser was my now ex husband. In the first year, life was great but after that it all went down hill. It started with mental abuse and then after two times of being hit (once in the head with a concussion and the second time getting hit in the face), I went to the police. I had a small child that wasn't his and knew if it wasn't safe for me, then it wouldn't be for her. I'm also a teacher and trying to teach elementary aged students with a swollen lip and bruises all over the face, doesn't work out too well. It's harder to hide when you're in the public eye! It only took that second hit for me to get smart and get away.

I had a few friends who've gone through it. But it's no where near as bad as what happened to their abusers. Since the American justice system is crap half the time, we sometimes have to take matters in our own hands and make sure the abusers never see the light of day again.