Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance, #2) Sycamore Row discussion

Time

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Herb (new) - added it

Herb Kleinegger Should I reread "A Time to Kill" before Sycamore row, does it fit well, is it pertinent to the story? Have'nt read it in 20 plus years, can't hurt to reread a classic though.

Marilyn No, you do not need to reread "A Time to Kill" before "Sycamore Row". Yes, the characters are common, but you can learn enough about them in "SR" to obviate the need to read the earlier book.

S.K. Derban Herb wrote: "Should I reread "A Time to Kill" before Sycamore row, does it fit well, is it pertinent to the story? Have'nt read it in 20 plus years, can't hurt to reread a classic though."

Herb, I agree with you that it never hurts to reread a classic. "A Time to Kill" is definitely one of my favorites. Since you have already read it, and know the story, I do not think it is necessary to reread it before beginning Sycamore Row. Enjoy!

Angee Sluder I've never read A Time to Kill (though, it's on my To Read shelf,) but I'm half-way through Sycamore Row. I don't feel lost at all. Though, I can't exactly say that I'm hooked. I'm just not making an emotional connection with the characters.