Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Until the Beginning (After the End, #2)
This topic is about Until the Beginning
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Until the Beginning (After the End #2), by Amy Plum → Start Date: June 11, 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments If you have read the first two books in this series, Trisha and I would love for you to join us!

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments AHHH!!! OMG I'm so excited for this one!

Thx for making the thread!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No problem. I'm super excited too! We were left with a huge cliffhanger! Lol

Amanda | 4410 comments I'm in. I can't wait for this one :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YIPPEE!!! Glad you can join us, Amanda!

Amanda | 4410 comments I might not be able to start this on the 9th, My library system still shows this as an order record so I am not sure how long it will take to get this.

Amanda | 4410 comments I checked my status and my copy is in transit I will bring it home from work on Saturday :)

Has anyone started yet?

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments OMG My copy is in transit!! When are you guys starting???

Amanda | 4410 comments I plan on starting Saturday afternoon once I get home from work.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm not sure yet. I have two books to start Saturday and I am on the road Saturday again.

Amanda | 4410 comments I did not get a chance to start this one yet. I have one book I need to finish today and another I am starting this afternoon. When do you guys plan on starting?

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I haven't started. I'm behind too

how's wedesnday? for starting

Amanda | 4410 comments I'm behind too. I had a big stack of books come in at the library all at once so I am trying to work through that pile.

Wednesday would be great :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Wednesday also works for me.

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments WOOHOO!!! Tomorrow we begin :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YIPPEE!!! When do you leave for Disney World, Trisha?

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments SUNDAY!!! WOOHOO!!! OMG we're so excited! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awe, that's WONDERFUL!!! Be safe and have a BLAST!!

message 19: by Amanda (last edited May 20, 2015 09:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amanda | 4410 comments Yay, so excited to start this today.

Wow, Disney World Trisha. I hope you guys have fun. I've been there a long time ago it was lots of fun.

Amanda | 4410 comments I forgot how short the chapters are in this series. I love that.

10 chapters in.

Juneau (view spoiler)

Miles (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4410 comments I didn't post many updates as I was reading since not much really happened for the first half of the book. It has picked up now though.

40 chapters in.

Juneau (view spoiler)

Miles (view spoiler)

Will read more today.

Amanda | 4410 comments Finished.

I liked this but I don't think it was as good as the first book. This one seemed to move at a slower pace until you hit the halfway point.

Juneau (view spoiler)

Whit (view spoiler)

Miles (view spoiler)

Can't wait to see what you guys think.

message 23: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Ugh, I'm so sorry Amanda. :(

I just do not seem to be getting any reading done. I ended up with an infection and the antibiotic is reeking havoc. I'm falling sleep when i read :(

Only 3 stars. Yikes.
I'm so sorry I didn't read this with you! I will update as I read, and respond to your comments!

Amanda | 4410 comments That is okay. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope the antibiotics start working better for you and you're able to get some reading done.

Yeah only 3 stars :( This one seemed to move at a slower pace. I was disappointed I loved the first book.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I still am going to get to this one! I just have some library books I need to finish first. I own this book on NOOK.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha, do you want to agree on a new date for us to read tis, or have you already begun? I know you've been on vacation and I think you're still at camp.

Amanda | 4410 comments I'll be around to chat with you guys when you start. I'm curious to see what you guys think of this one :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Amanda! :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha, have you started? I haven't but it might have to wait until we leave for vacation on Thursday. I have so much to do!

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I had started but don't remember any of it!
I still have this! I'm good to start anytime in the next few weeks.
I left the camp I was volunteering for this week (an adult was bullying my kid! can you believe that?)

so I'm open the rest of this week and all next week...
but then I start another camp...and things get crazy again

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh my gosh!! An "ADULT"? That's terrible!!

I'm okay starting tomorrow or Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday if any of those days are good.

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments let's start tomorrow too!! that will make it nice and easy! LOL

now I'm off to try to get through these last 2 books I've been reading for far too long!!! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, just to be sure you want to start As White as Snow and this book tomorrow. Is that correct?

Amanda | 4410 comments I'm sorry to hear an adult was bullying your kid, that is awful and terrible that they are teaching their child that's acceptable behavior.

I hope you guys enjoy this one :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thank you, Amanda. :)

message 36: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Vicki wrote: "Okay, just to be sure you want to start As White as Snow and this book tomorrow. Is that correct?"

Yes! :)

message 37: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Amanda wrote: "I'm sorry to hear an adult was bullying your kid, that is awful and terrible that they are teaching their child that's acceptable behavior.

I hope you guys enjoy this one :)"

aww, Thanks Amanda. I know, I was really surprised too! And it's a Girl Scout camp! Awful. I hated backing out of my commitment to volunteer all week but I just couldn't keep my daughter there if she was miserable. :(

Oh well, we've been doing day camps for years - and we have 3 total this summer and this is the FIRST one we've had a bad experience so it's not jaded us or anything.

Amanda | 4410 comments I hope you have fun at your other camps this summer :)

message 39: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I know you're on the road Vicki, so I'll post without spoiler tags

I'm 10 chapters in - spoilers through here!

Juneau - I like that she's finally trusting her feelings for Miles
I hate that they are still on the run

Miles - OMG thank goodness
I wasn't so sure how this would all play out
but I'm worried about this comment about not being the same as he was before

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh my gosh! We left at 7:25 AM and didn't get here until 9:10 PM...almost FOURTEEN HOURS!!! There was an 18-wheeler truck accident before we got to Mt. Shasta and we were in STOPPED traffic for hours!! I ended up having to drive quite a bit.

Thanks for posting without real spoilers! I ended up reading up to Ch. 18 but I'll post on Ch. 1-10

First, I'm so glad that the author added some reminders of who did what in book one!

I LOVE the flow and the writing that makes me feel like I'm the one who is one with nature! Example is this: "The song, like the silent girl beside me, accompanies me. Wraps me in its security. It's confidence." Such passages literally make me feel peaceful and secure. Lol

I also stopped & took notice of Miles saying that & had the same thought. But Juneau has also in some ways become a part of his world like when she said she looked at the clock, something she'd never done before. So I hope neither gives up all of who they are but can embrace the best of both their worlds. He realizes he's a "new man" with the elements of earth so I hope he can balance both worlds, if that's possible.

I love that when Miles woke up he began with a joke about Juneau's new age juju. I'm so glad he's the same guy.

Juneau cracked me up swapping a BMW for a Chevy pickup. Lol That guy rushed her through the papers. Lol

I'll post on Ch. 11-20 tomorrow.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ch. 11-20 Getting more exciting! ALL PARAGRAPHS HAVE SPOILERS BELOW!!! READER BEWARE!! LOL

When she sees an airplane with the BP logo for a Blackwell Pharmaceutical, the same one as the airplane she was kidnapped in & the car she was taken in and the building that she was brought to against her will, it freaked me out! I can't remember what she called it but when she camouflaged everything to protect them that was a really cool skill to have! LOL

I love how Juneau made a crossbow for Miles and Hoot the Hedwig busted me up!! Lol I just think it is beautiful how Juneau is able to do everything that she can!

Miles has mentioned a couple of times how he hides his emotions behind jokes. I'm curious if he will ever stop doing that. I'm sure he will never lose his humor but will he continue to use it to hide his feelings?

I am really glad that she found her clan, but I am afraid of what it might cost her. She had said earlier that the only two things that she was really worried about are how long Whit will be in the hospital and how far Blackwell's men would chase them. If Blackwell is there or they find them her and Miles, I'm afraid it's going to be WW III

Miles ability to reach Yara, if that is what he did, is a bit scary because Juneau did say it would take time. When he asked himself whether he really did reach Yara or if he was going crazy because of the Amrit, I wonder if that is indicative of upcoming problems because he is not part of the clan and was given that drug. I hope not!

message 42: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Vicki wrote: "Ch. 11-20 Getting more exciting! ALL PARAGRAPHS HAVE SPOILERS BELOW!!! READER BEWARE!! LOL
..."

okay, I'm here too - Through Ch 20

I agree. I'm really worried about her clan and whether they will accept Miles. I'm also worried about their devotion and understanding of what Whit did. Maybe they have all already agreed to turn the drug over - to give the world the anti-aging drug - and they are trying to lure her

I still wonder about Whit implying everything isn't as it seems....

I know, I like seeing Miles grow too. I think he's going to start being more honest and realizing that he IS a good person and IS contributing to a "greater good". I also hope he finds hope and trust in Juneau.

:) this one is so good so far!

message 43: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Amanda wrote: "I forgot how short the chapters are in this series. I love that.
"

I know, I love the short chapters too! LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I've had the same thoughts regarding Whit and Miles.

I probably won't be able to read much more till Tonight. We are heading out to explore this neat little ocean town! :)

message 45: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments 30 chapters SPOILERS FROM HERE!!

Juneau -
I'm so so completely and deeply saddened that she left Miles behind. what was she thinking? She should have meditated and tried to come up with a plan like Miles is now - to separate and each have a plan of attack
how can she give him Amrit and save him - only to think he has to go back to "his" world after she gets her clan. she has to know that he's changed - he can't go back now that it's all different

Miles - I love that he's come up with an new plan. he's become resourceful and really grown.
Go miles!

Whit - I can't help but wonder why he appeared to them and knew EXACTLY where they were and why she would think he wouldn't then always know?

the notes -

from dad - what on earth? why would Whit ever release them? and why is Juneau a part of the negotiations? what is so important with her and her alone?

from Tallie - her message - Juneau will need to "invoke" something
I hope she and Miles get to connect via the amrit/yara connection. I hope she gets to know what Miles is discovering!

ugh, SO SO good so far!

message 46: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 12, 2015 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Vicki wrote: "I've had the same thoughts regarding Whit and Miles.

I probably won't be able to read much more till Tonight. We are heading out to explore this neat little ocean town! :)"

aww, no worries. have fun!

I loved Shasta Lake! You guys still there?

I plan to finish this one up and start 2 others
:)

message 47: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments 40 chapters - spoilers through here!!

Whit -
Oh My GRRR!! I can't believe he's surprised. how did he NOT know this would be the outcome? of COURSE this guy only cares about himself. Whit is just as naive as Juneau was, only Juneau knew she didn't know stuff where Whit thought he was the smartest guy in the room :(

Juneau - I'm still so mad at her for leaving Miles. what was she thinking?
I'm glad we have the answer now as to why she's so special. I thought it might be something like this...

Miles - OMG!! GO POE! he saved him!
Miles is doing well out there - I really hope they aren't tracking him...
I think he really has a chance of getting them out - but what do they do now that Avery knows...
something tells me Whit poisoned him and he won't be waking up. They need to get out of there before they realize.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm dying to read your spoilers!!!

We are in Depoe Bay, OR & will be here until next Thursday. :)

message 49: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments and I'm done.

OH MY GOODNESS - I loved this one Vicki! 4 stars from me!!
SPOILERS AHEAD

Miles -
by and large the best part to me was Miles growth. reading him really shrug off all the long held bias that he had about his mom's illness and what it meant for him and how he never measured up to his dad

Juneau really came into her own too. Shedding Whit's dishonesty and learning to forgive her father, her standing up to tell the clan she wouldn't lead them and making them sand on their own two feet too - how brave.

such an amazing conclusion. I can't wait to see what you think!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments All right! Glad you loved it!

« previous 1