The Dark Tower (The Dark Tower, #7) The Dark Tower discussion

Question About Eddie and Jake (*SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda I just finished the novel. Completely blown away and sad that this journey is over. (Which means I'll probably re-read the books soon, haha).

I just have a question about Eddie an Jake's death in the book. Sometimes the alternate worlds confuse me. So, Eddie died in Roland's world, and then Jake died in our world. That's it--no going forward. Then when Susannah leaves Roland, she enters an alterne 1987 New York. She meets Eddie and Jake, who are brothers. So, is this Eddie and Jake "alternate," too? Are they the Eddie and Jake that we know throughout the entire series, or are they also a totally and completely different versions of Eddie and Jake?

Then, the Eddie and Jake that WE KNOW are really dead?

Thanks for any help!

message 2: by Donna (last edited Apr 28, 2015 08:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Donna To the best of my knowledge, I'd have to say that you have it right. The Eddie and Jake whom we have known throughout the series did die, but they're only dead in the worlds they died in. They are alive in an alternate world, but they aren't the same people there since they have different life histories and experiences in that different world.

Amanda Donna wrote: "To the best of my knowledge, I'd have to say that you have it right. The Eddie and Jake whom we have known throughout the series did die, but they're only dead in the worlds they died in. They are ..."

Thank you so much for the clarification--that makes sense to me now, wasn't sure before!
Thanks, again! :)

Wise Cat I wondered this too, but I have a different theory. Eddie is "our" Eddie, the one we knew in the series. But he was born into another world, with another life. Re-incarnated if you will....I say that because Eddie DOES have a connection to Suze he can't explain.

He already loves her, because he's already known her---in another life.

I think that's the beauty of the series---it's open to interpretation. :-)

I'm glad Eddie and Jake are brothers in this world because they became like siblings on their journey with Roland.