The Count of Monte Cristo The Count of Monte Cristo discussion

E-Book Version of The Count of Monte Cristo

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (last edited Apr 28, 2015 04:45AM) (new) - added it

Danielle What's the best way to read this book in the electronic form? Kindle? On a website such as gutenberg.org? Other sources?

I found this free app on the Google Play store called Gutebooks (https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...). It has over 700,000 free classic e-books including The Count of Monte Cristo. It's pretty neat.

message 2: by Keri (last edited Apr 28, 2015 06:39AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keri I prefer to read e-books on the Kindle because it is more like a book IMO. I can't read for long periods of time on a computer screen, gives me a headache. Kindle has free reading apps as well and tons of free classics. Also, you can download books from sources such as gutenberg and put them on your kindle via usb and your computer or the free send to kindle app.

John (Taloni) Taloni At first I thought that was spam since you hit up several books that I noticed. Seems you're a real person, so, what's your experience with this app? If we go for the scanned pages, do they display well on Kindle? I've read plenty of e-books with pictures that look terrible, and have given up on that. It would be nice to have an option that worked. Would I need a bigger tablet - iPad or Surface - to do that?

message 4: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Hi there - I've been a slow adopter of e-readers. I always preferred to read books in hard copy, but with moving a lot/traveling for work it's easier to take a tablet/larger screen smartphone. The Gutebooks app was recommended to me. I've been exploring it in the past few days. The images have different views - you can read one page at a time or have 2 pages open like an open book. The images seem pretty to clear to me from the books I've opened.

message 5: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Oh that's good to know that you can send books to the kindle app. I wasn't aware.