YA Fanatics discussion

`Books that more people should read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle King | 23 comments What are some books that should be more widely read?

Alexandra Beatriz (ummduhitsme) | 45 comments Diary of a Young Girl

message 3: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

the 5th wave

message 5: by Lucinda (last edited Apr 30, 2015 03:15PM) (new)

Lucinda | 45 comments Mod
Yeah, the 5th wave was awesome

message 6: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Ooch, I didn't like the Fifth Wave (I'm not a huge fan of dystopia), but I agree with The Naturals!

message 7: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments Oh my goodness, this is literally the first other person I've met who's read that. It's my favorite series. But I liked the 5th wave too. Isn't the 3rd book coming out soon?

message 8: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Paslidis | 30 comments Mod
The 5th was really good but the infinite sea wasn't as good I thought it would be.

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Alexandra wrote: "Oh my goodness, this is literally the first other person I've met who's read that. It's my favorite series. But I liked the 5th wave too. Isn't the 3rd book coming out soon?"

I just checked and it comes out it November! It's great that you asked, I thought it was already out and had it marked as not-available (from the library).

Alexandra Beatriz (ummduhitsme) | 45 comments What's the story about?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Axi wrote: "What's the story about?"

basically the world has succumbed to alien invasion, but in waves. for example, one wave is a deadly plague, and another is aliens with human bodies and minds.
this book centres around Cassie, a 16 year old girl who has survived all of the waves that have come, but she can't trust any other human ( because of the previously mentioned aliens that take bodies) for all she knows, she is the last human alive... then she meets Evan Walker, but can he be trusted??

Alexandra Beatriz (ummduhitsme) | 45 comments then they fell in love? sorry haha it always goes that way

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Axi wrote: "then they fell in love? sorry haha it always goes that way"

you guessed it.

Alexandra Beatriz (ummduhitsme) | 45 comments Oooooh I'm right haha

message 15: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Axi wrote: "Oooooh I'm right haha"

Hahaha :D
But of course.

message 16: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz | 15 comments Lily wrote: "the 5th wave"

I loved the 5th Wave.

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments So many people mentioning 5th Wave!
I'd say Messenger, by Markus Zusak, Siberia by Ann Halam, Exodus by Julie Bretagna, and Graceling, by Kristin Cashore

:)

message 18: by Abi (new)

Abi (booksa144) I read Graceling! It was good.

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments I read Graceling! It was good.

IKR! Its one of my favorite fantasy books! *-*

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Caroline wrote: "I read Graceling! It was good.

IKR! Its one of my favorite fantasy books! *-*"

I have that on my shelf. ill be sure to pick it up soon.

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments Lily, you really should! Its great! Its really cool!

^^

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Grey is... and "Nunca seremos estrellas del Rock"

Alexandra Beatriz (ummduhitsme) | 45 comments how about "The Boy in Striped Pajamas" anyone?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read it
It's a classic
I loved it so far!

Alexandra Beatriz (ummduhitsme) | 45 comments And I heard, it's a good book they say :)

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments That book is amazing!!! *-*

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I really loved it
you should read it
but you have to know that's a sad book...

message 28: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments Lily wrote: "the 5th wave"

i'm going to read that when i get time

message 29: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments more people should read the spooks series by Joseph Delaney and the FULL tomorrow when the war begun series

message 30: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) Caroline (JustAnotherBookishBlog) wrote: "So many people mentioning 5th Wave!
I'd say Messenger, by Markus Zusak, Siberia by Ann Halam, Exodus by Julie Bretagna, and Graceling, by Kristin Cashore

:)"

Did you read the rest of that series. I really enjoyed Fire and Bitterblue although Bitterblue (in my opinion) wasn't as good as the other two.

message 31: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) Juliet wrote: "more people should read the spooks series by Joseph Delaney and the FULL tomorrow when the war begun series"

More people will read the Spook series now that the movie has come out.

message 32: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Zavala (Brandizavala3) | 98 comments the acadmey series by c.l stone

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading graceling at the moment

Just Another Bookish Blog (justanotherbookishblog) | 81 comments yay you picked it up! :D

message 35: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi.

message 36: by Abi (new)

Abi (booksa144) I've read the first 5 or 6 books of the Ghost Bird series by C.L. Stone, and I don't know exactly what I think of them. They are realistic fiction, and feature family issues (LOTS of them). I kind of like the premise; (girl meets boys that help her) but I don't like the "9 guys can marry 1 girl" thing. I mean, yuck! Way to go too far with the boys like the same girl thing. It's not a love triangle, no it's a love nonagon! (I had to look the word for a 9-sided shape up, so sorry if it's not accurate). I stopped reading the books when I felt that they got too descriptive with certain things.

message 37: by Abi (new)

Abi (booksa144) Sorry about my rant. I know this is a "books that more people should read" discussion, so sorry.

message 38: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) The Shatter Me is so amazing it is one of my favorite series

message 39: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments Rabecka wrote: "The Shatter Me is so amazing it is one of my favorite series"

Yes!! I love the relationship in it!

message 40: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) I know right!!! How it goes from hating to liking then tries to deny it then love!!!! Kenji is so amazing too

message 41: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments They're all amazing; Kenji and James and the twins. I wish we got to know the twins a bit better, but they were more 'outside' characters in the books. But that relationship. Ugh! I loved it. If anyone else is looking for a good read, Read It.

message 42: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) Yes I agree. READ THEM NOW!!!! Not to be pushy or anything.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read the first of the Shatter Me's but haven't gotten around to the other ones yet.

message 44: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) The last two in my opinion are better than the first.

message 45: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra (xandi) | 20 comments I would rank them in my opinion, the 3rd, 1st, then 2nd, from best to worse, but they were all great.

message 46: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) Yeah smart here

message 47: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments Rabecka wrote: "Juliet wrote: "more people should read the spooks series by Joseph Delaney and the FULL tomorrow when the war begun series"

More people will read the Spook series now that the movie has come out."

the movie is completely different i haven't seen it yet but i know from the adds it is incorrect and the book series is way better

message 48: by Rabecka (new)

Rabecka (mrtickles) I just watched and the only thing you sane is the names basically. It was a good movie though if you don't compare it to the book

message 49: by Jet13 (new)

Jet13 | 96 comments that is true but i'm comparing it to the book and it is pathetic

message 50: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Zavala (Brandizavala3) | 98 comments Abi wrote: "I've read the first 5 or 6 books of the Ghost Bird series by C.L. Stone, and I don't know exactly what I think of them. They are realistic fiction, and feature family issues (LOTS of them). I kind ..."

right now i am up to the third book. it`s great. also what do you mean things got too descriptive.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Uglies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marc Lindsay (other topics)