Which Book to Read Next? discussion

let's get this started :)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by doug (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:54AM) (new)

doug merritt | 3 comments Mod
Alright gang, I just finished One Big Damn Puzzler and I need a new book to read STAT. I have like 5 different books in mind but I want to know your opinions. What's a good book you all have read recently?

message 2: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:56AM) (new)

Maria I always have the same problem when I need to find a book to read. Since I buy a bunch of books at one time, I sometimes read the first couple pages of several books to see what attracts me at that moment. That being said, I am going to reread Farenheit 451 - haven't read it in about 10 years and want to refresh myself with what its all about.

message 3: by doug (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Good book I hear . . . a bunch of my buddies have read it (a few have taught it) and I have always wanted to read it. It's one of those books that I always want to pick up and read but at the last second I find another book. Maybe I'll get it this time and thanks for the reply.

message 4: by Maria (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new)

Maria I just started it yesterday - didn't get very far but can already tell I am going to like it. Let me know if you get it.

I guess Farenheit 451 sort of grew from a short story Bradbury wrote called "The Pedestrian". Here is a link to the full text of the story.
http://englischlehrer.de/texts/pedest...

message 5: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:58AM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Here's a tip guys. What I do is I keep of line of books ready. So that way when I am done with one book, I can pick up another. Go to the bookstore and get like 5 books that you want to read. That way you are always reading :). Hope this helps

message 6: by doug (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Okay so I am going to finish up Magic Seeds and then I am going to get Farenheit and read that. After that who knows :) Anymore suggested books ?

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Robins | 1 comments I just joined and I live in Strongsville OHio
I am an author of two books with another coming out this year.

Jennifer Robins

Ghostly Antiques
Ghostly Antiques II
coming soon, An Authors Nightmare.

message 8: by Kim (last edited May 15, 2009 08:27AM) (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) Hi, I'm new, but I read a lot so I have plenty of books to share and discuss. I read pretty much everything that's not nailed down. I love Jim Buthcher. He writes 2 series. The first is a film noir inspired private eye in Chicago, who is also a wizard,named Harry Dresden. The other is a really good fantasy series called The Codex Alera.

Curnently I am reading "Atlas of Unknowns" and so far, so good. I just finished "The Next Best Thing" by Diedre Berry. (She reminded me of Terry MacMillan.)

message 9: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) If you want something light and funny, try I hate other peoples kids. I almost peed my self laughing....and since I am a nanny, I know OPK very well.

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Worth it!