Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2016 archive > Pages Read Challenge Rules & Info

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann Hello Members!! Several of you have expressed interest in keeping track of how many pages you've read each week and in total. So we're going to do just that. Each Monday (or Tuesday sometimes) either Hailey or I will post here asking how many pages you read from Monday-Sunday the previous week.

Many of us are reading more than just one 500+ page book. So some people are only reading half or one book per week but have read many pages versus someone reading four books in a week but they are only 100 pages each. Both types of books are awesome and count towards the reading challenge. But, just as the weekly check-ins keep track of how many books we're reading, you will now have a place to keep track of your pages read, too.

Each week I will also post the name of the person who read the most pages the previous week. I'll keep track of these names starting next week and the person whose name is in first place most often during the challenge will win a small prize. Be sure to check in here with your name and total each week. It will only count if you've check in that week. It's ok if you skip a week and report two weeks separately in one post but it will not count towards the contest.

This will be on the honor system so be sure to accurately report your pages each week. So start keeping track of those totals starting today and look for our post next week to report your number.

Note: Thank you to everyone who is participating in the group. This is in no way mandatory and, like everything else here, is for fun. So don't stress about it if it's not something you want to do. No problem at all :)

If you have any questions post them below.

message 2: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments I read 572 pages from Monday through Friday, which raises a question: Are we mimicking Saturday through Friday for our page read challenge?

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann Juanita wrote: "I read 572 pages from Monday through Friday, which raises a question: Are we mimicking Saturday through Friday for our page read challenge?"

I was thinking it might be good to switch it up and just do Monday thru Sunday. So we could discuss pages read on Mondays for the previous week and on Friday we can discuss the books we read the previous week. Is that too confusing to have them separate?

message 4: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments For those of you new to Goodreads, here's a little tip:

If you use the app (or even the full site) you can update your progress with every book. I usually do this when I finish reading for the night but you can do it however often you like. You can set these to post an update to your Facebook page as well.

The bonus is at the end of the week, you can go back and track how many pages you read because you've already kept a log. Just check through your updates. It even works with e-books because you can look up how many pages are in the actual book and, if you read 40% of a 200 page book, that's 80 pages! Isn't math fun? /sarcasm

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.