GOOD REVIEWS discussion

Debut author > Like Sci-Fi Fiction? Be a Flotilla Beta Reader!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 8 comments You're part of Goodreads and as a writer who respects your opinion, I'd like to ask for your help. As you know, I'm a passionate fan of sci-fi and I'm working on my own sci-fi novel series.

What I need help with now is to make sure my book is connecting with fans of series like the Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Divergent or The 100 Series. It's not fan-fiction, this is a completely original universe featuring a kid who lives in the near future. His parents are taken, pirates are after him and the world is coming to an end. He deals with real problems and I need real readers to tell me what they think. Would you like to do that?

If so, here's what I'm doing: I'm setting up the Flotilla Beta Reader program to get your honest opinion about the book series. If you'd like to learn more, you can check out the website (www.flotillaonline.com). I'm giving you a No Creep/Stalker Guarantee.

Reply back to this thread, PM me or email me at colony.jim@gmail.com and I'll get you started with the Flotilla Beta Reader program package. Thanks so much for your interest.

Best Wishes,

Dan

message 2: by Len (new)

Len | 28 comments Near future dystopias are everywhere and most of them fall all over themselves in imagining how bad it could be. One problem is that science has little to do with the story. No doubt, it's because most dystopia writers pay little attention to science and have no idea whats around the bend, so to speak.

Did you know, for example, that the first two Navy destroyers armed with main battery lasers took up station in the Middle East last December? These first lasers have about 120 kilowatts of power which means they can destroy drones, fast boats, torpedoes, RPG's and mortar rounds. They can also destroy satellites 22,300 miles away.

In less than two years, these first laser cannons will be replaced by ones with more than 500 kilowatts of power which means they can do serious damage to aircraft and missiles.

In less than 10 years, laser cannons will have many megawatts of power when one megawatt of power will hole 20 feet of steel in one second. Even more impressive, they will vaporize bullets from guns as the bullets emerge from the barrel of the gun. How fast will they fire? A million times a minute. Or more. We're talking light speed, folks.

One more thing. high powered Laser cannons will the first weapons capable of hitting the Moon. Or, Mars. Or, even Pluto.

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 8 comments Interesting perspective Len ... you might be interested to learn how Flotilla integrates real military hardware into the story! Would you like to be a beta reader?