Dystopian Society discussion

Announcements > Like Dystopian Fiction? Be a Flotilla Beta Reader!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 26 comments You're part of Goodreads and as a writer who respects your opinion, I'd like to ask for your help. As you know, I'm a passionate fan of Dystopian Fiction and I'm working on my own Dystopian Fiction novel series.

What I need help with now is to make sure my book is connecting with fans of series like the Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Divergent or The 100 Series. It's not fan-fiction, this is a completely original universe featuring a kid who lives in the near future. His parents are taken, pirates are after him and the world is coming to an end. He deals with real problems and I need real readers to tell me what they think. Would you like to do that?

If so, here's what I'm doing: I'm setting up the Flotilla Beta Reader program to get your honest opinion about the book series. If you'd like to learn more, you can check out the website (www.flotillaonline.com). I'm giving you a No Creep/Stalker Guarantee.

Reply back to this thread, PM me or email me at colony.jim@gmail.com and I'll get you started with the Flotilla Beta Reader program package. Thanks so much for your interest.

Best Wishes,

Dan

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane (janeinri) | 420 comments Mod
Daniel wrote: "You're part of Goodreads and as a writer who respects your opinion, I'd like to ask for your help. As you know, I'm a passionate fan of Dystopian Fiction and I'm working on my own Dystopian Fiction..."

I THINK I already am...and the chapter I have already read really piqued my interest.

message 3: by Nathan (last edited Apr 27, 2015 02:00PM) (new)

Nathan | 19 comments I tried to read your fiction but the link took me to Better Call Saul (I have nothing against it as I love Breaking Bad) but I would like to read your fiction instead of being taken to obscure sites that have nothing to do with the topic in question. I know nothing about the internet in general (I'm new to social media) and would really, really like to read your work.
Thanks,
Nathan

message 4: by Jane (new)

Nathan - click on "Daniel" name and send him a message - include your e-mail address. He should send it right out to you.

message 5: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 19 comments Thanks, Jane...I'm hopeless with this stuff...

By the way, have you started The Year of the Flood (I read it before Oryx and Crake as I didn't know it was part of a trilogy). I hope you enjoy it, I really did..

Thanks again.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Yes Nathan - I finished it and LOVED it! Love all the stuff about God's Gardiners. Waiting on the library e-zone for Maddaddam now.

Anytime I can help - just ask! I know just enough to be dangerous LOL.

message 7: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 19 comments Apparently the novel was going to be called God's Gardeners but the title was dismissed at the eleventh hour...the God's Gardiners were my favourite part of the novel, especially the bee lady.

And thanks for the advice...it's good to know enough to be dangerous.

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 26 comments Nathan wrote:I tried to read your fiction but the link took me to Better Call Saul (I have nothing against it as I love Breaking Bad) but I would like to read your fiction instead of being taken to obscure sites that have nothing to do with the topic in question. I know nothing about the internet in general (I'm new to social media) and would really, really like to read your work.
Thanks,
Nathan

Can you PM me at this email colony.jim@gmail.com so I can send you the book?

message 9: by NayDoubleU (new)

NayDoubleU is this still going on? I'm quite curiously excited!

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Haight | 26 comments NayDoubleU wrote: "is this still going on? I'm quite curiously excited!"

Can you PM me at this email colony.jim@gmail.com so I can send you the book?