2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Breaking Silence > Question #4

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments What were your first impressions of the members of the Slabaugh family - Mose, Salome, Samuel and Ike, as well as the deceased members - Solly, Abel and Rachael?

message 2: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I thought they were all exactly as presented: God-fearing and extremely family-oriented people who were attacked from outside, if it wasn't an accident in the first place.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments At first, I thought it strange that Solly fell into the manure pit and that Abel fell in after him - surely they would have been more careful. Of course, it all becomes clearer once the ME discovers that it wasn't exactly an accident.

Mose seemed like a typical teenager to me - a bit sullen and uncooperative while Ike and Samuel pulled at my heartstrings. I found it interesting that Salome was the first to actually speak willingly to Kate and it didn't surprise me that Kate identified with her.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
I thought it highly improbable that both Solly and Abel fell into that pit. Rachel made sense only after the children's explanations.

I never got a weird vibe at all from the children, though Mose was a bit off putting.