2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Breaking Silence (Kate Burkholder, #3)
This topic is about Breaking Silence
Breaking Silence > Question #7

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Kate and Tomasetti seem to be taking their relationship to the next, more emotional level. Are you enjoying the direction their romance is going in? What did you think of Tomasetti’s reaction to the sheriff’s not so subtle come on to Kate in the bar? Are Kate and John a good fit for each other?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I like them together and separately. I think there is a lot of healing taking place in their conversations and intimate relationship, some healing perhaps subconsciously even.

Tomasetti's reaction at the game of pool was predictable but Kate's recognition of it made it overt, which made me glad that he could show that even if he didn't want to.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Healing is a good word for it. They seem to compliment one another and bring out the best each has to offer. I like the fact that John cares enough to want Kate to stop drinking and smoking, lol!

Yes, it seems that he was a bit shocked by his own jealousy. I like the way Kate handled it. Both calling him out on his slightly double standard and indicating that she was willing to take the next step if he was. I really like the fact that they to each other and don't hold things inside, which can lead to silly misunderstandings.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
I'm liking the time the author is taking with their relationship. Kate is clueless about them and is making a decent effort to express herself. Tomasetti is good for her because he knows how they're supposed to work, gets Kate really well and knows when to back off and when to push her. They're good together.

Even when he showed his jealousy, Tomasetti's response was tempered. He knew to talk more about what kind of relationship they had (exclusive or not) versus making it about the sheriff. Well done.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Hi, Jonetta. I've enjoyed reading your comments and enriching our discussions. Hope to see you jump in with the next book discussion, too :)

No pressure, lol.......

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
Lol! I love discussing these with you two. I'll catch up.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "Lol! I love discussing these with you two. I'll catch up."

Goody!

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "Even when he showed his jealousy, Tomasetti's response was tempered. He knew to talk more about what kind of relationship they had (exclusive or not) versus making it about the sheriff. Well done. "

I was waiting to see if he would hit the sheriff, lol!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Lol, I was wondering if he would too!

I like Kate and John together as well as they do compliment each other. With their separate sadness they seem to want to help one another and keep each other from drowning. I can't wait to see where it goes.