2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Breaking Silence > Question #9

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments At one point, Kate suspects that the attacks on the Amish and the murder of the Slabaughs are related. Did you ever think the same? Why or why not?

message 2: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments From reading the previous Castillo books in this series, I've realized that things that seem unrelated can surprise us, but not always, so I tried to keep an open mind on this one as I read.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Although there was a moment in the beginning when I felt they might be connected, there were simply too many discrepancies between the two types of acts and I dismissed the idea pretty quickly.

The Slabaugh murder was far more calculated and cold blooded than the hate crimes, which seemed more acts of opportunity rather than premeditation 9even the attack on the sheep and the fire at the barn weren't thought out well and they were caught as a result).

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7626 comments Mod
I thought they were related for a long time. But then I started thinking how that first episode with the ewes was so different. Those idiots never even considered trying to kill that woman. At that point, I started looking for distinguishing characteristics and there were plenty.