Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Handling individual entries of ACE doubles (flip-books)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 4 comments I have come across some ACE double publications (flip books), where separate entries have been made for the whole book, and for each of the books included in the ACE Double accordingly. I have also come across some, where separate entries for the two included books have been added as different editions of the ACE double.

I wonder if any of these practices are right, or if there is a third option to make it a little bit more "orderly"?

My first instinct would be to combine the individual entries with the entry for the whole Ace Double (as none of the books included in the respective ACE Doubles have been published individually, and there exists only one ISBN for the two books) - but the reviews attached to the individual entries are of course only pertaining to one particular book, and I also see the need to separate the two books, if you wish only to read and review one of the books included in the Ace Double.

Is there a policy for these double-books that have not been published individually?

Thank you for helping a new librarian :)

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Ace Doubles should be handled like any other instance of a work containing two books: a single record. So if there are individual records (and the individual books were never published separately), they should be merged into the larger work.

If one or both of the books was also published separately, that would remain separate from the record of the Double.

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 4 comments rivka wrote: "Ace Doubles should be handled like any other instance of a work containing two books: a single record. So if there are individual records (and the individual books were never published separately),..."

Ok, that also makes sense to me. Thank you for your super fast answer!