2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

To Kill a Mockingbird
This topic is about To Kill a Mockingbird
. Week 25: School Book > To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Samantha | 122 comments To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

I looked a several lists of books to see if I could find any that I knew I was supposed to read but never did. The only one that I knew for sure I never fully read was The Canterbury Tales and I am not going to force that on myself.

I feel like To Kill a Mockingbird is a book I should have read in high school and kind of wonder if it might have been banned in my school at the time. So I will assign it to myself to read for week 25.

message 2: by Tanya (new) - added it

Tanya (xallroyx21) | 55 comments I am doing the same!

Alina | 63 comments Me too!

Samantha | 122 comments Glad that I have some company for this!

Now who is going to give a us a test to make sure that we pass our reading assignment?

Joann I picked this too!

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Tucker (aldtucker) | 91 comments Me, too... Really enjoying it, so far!

Samantha | 122 comments I am on the list for this at the library, who knew it would be so popular. I hope to have it by week 25.

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I was really confused by the book, but I loved the movie!

Connie Weeks (libraryof1k) | 58 comments My ninth grade English teacher proclaimed Atticus Finch as the best person/role model in the history of literature. Or something to that effect.

I'm interested in the sequel that Harper Lee is supposedly writing for this book.

Kellene My choice for this category as well. We weren't assigned this one in school, but I feel like I should have read it, so I will. It's one of my daughter's faves from 7th grade.

Heather Godwin (hpgodwin) | 84 comments This is my pick as well for the category, I'm actually from the area Harper Lee lives so it's surprising I got through school without ever having to have to read it. Even my husband, who is allergic to reading (his words), knows the story.

Alina | 63 comments I just finished this and loved it! 5* Can't believe I haven't read it until now. Everyone should read this classic.

Samantha | 122 comments I put this on hold back in April and would have thought I would have it by now :(

Alina, glad to hear you enjoyed it so much, I am currently struggling through my book for bad review week and look forward to reading something that deserves a 5 star review.

Joann I just finished this one as well. Truly wonderful classic book. Will be getting my teenagers to read it this summer.

Kellene Literally just finished it (like 10 minutes ago), and all I can say is WOW! Glad I chose this one.

Samantha | 84 comments I finally got my copy from the library and will be starting this today. Hope I enjoy it as much as everyone else has.

Samantha | 122 comments Samantha wrote: "I finally got my copy from the library and will be starting this today. Hope I enjoy it as much as everyone else has."

This post had me thinking I was loosing my mind, I too just got my book from the library and started reading it and hope I enjoy as much as everyone else but I could not recall posting anything.

then figured out it was someone else by the same name :)

Sophie (sawphie) Too many Samanthas around here ;) But it is a nice first name!

I read this book during an English course almost ten years ago and you definitely make me want to re-read it!

Samantha | 122 comments Not sure the can ever be too many Samantha's ;)

I just finished and will echo the wow. Really great book for so many reasons. I thought it might be depressing and while some of the subject matter is dark the humor used throughout help keep it from getting to heavy for me. The writing was so vivid and thought provoking so glad that I choose this one.

Krysta | 115 comments I'm pretty sure I read this in high school, but couldn't remember what it was about so I read it again. I really enjoyed it.