The History Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
HBC READATHONS 2018 - ON HOLD > APRIL 25TH READATHON - HOUSEKEEPING, LESSONS LEARNED, OTHER

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (last edited Apr 26, 2015 12:06PM) (new)

Bentley | 44168 comments Mod
HI all, I will try today and tomorrow/next week if necessary to go through the threads and make sure we have all our parts.

Normally, the part that I am most concerned about is whether you checked in appropriately and most important for the readathon itself and tallies is whether you did the mandatory check out.

I cannot say enough for future readathons - use the templates, use the templates, use the templates. Did I mention templates (lol)?

How did you do on the readathon and were you proud of your progress? We are always anxious to hear.

REMEMBER NEXT READATHON IS JUNE 6TH WHEREVER YOU ARE ANYPLACE IN THE WORLD?

message 2: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

So how did you do and did you have fun.

message 3: by Francie (new)

Francie Grice Bentley, thank you so much for all the work you put in to make this go smoothly. I had a great time and look forward to the next one.

message 4: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

You are welcome - sometimes I felt like a whirling dervish moving from one checkpoint to another to help out (smile) but everybody did a great job and they are getting the hang of it.

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyhamer) | 513 comments I can only speak for myself, and that is to say I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for all your help and I look forward to joining you for the June readathon, when I will be in Washington state.

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) I did pretty well and finished one book and read on two others. It was fun and I also got some tips on books from other participants.

message 7: by Gyoza (last edited Apr 26, 2015 09:30PM) (new)

Gyoza | 240 comments Thank you, Bentley for setting the readathon up. It's the first one I've ever participated in and it motivated me to make real progress on the books I was reading. I reached my goal of finishing at least one book and getting more than halfway through a second. Looking forward to the next readathon!

message 8: by Samanta (new)

Samanta   (almacubana) I enjoyed myself very much but I didn't get to read as much as last time during the day so I stayed up to finish the 5th chheck in. Not a smart idea since I couldn't afford to sleep through Sunday. Oh well.... :D

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryschumacher) Bentley, you are amazing. Thank you for another great readathon. I made a pretty good dent in a book I have been trying to get through (War and Peace), and enjoyed learning about what others were reading around the world.

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (drspoon) Although I was not able to participate this time, I really enjoy seeing what others are reading and I hope to join in next time.

message 11: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Mary, delighted to have you join us from Mexico.

And when you are back in Washington State - we look to you joining too

message 12: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Good for you Jill. Glad you were able to get some useful tips too

message 13: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

You are welcome Gyoza and you made some great progress . Glad for you to join us.

message 14: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Samantha - next time get your books lined up and then you will be ready to get crackin at 8AM in Croatia (your time)

I think you did well though. Sorry about the sleep - I faced the same challenge but it is good fun

message 15: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Mary wrote: "Bentley, you are amazing. Thank you for another great readathon. I made a pretty good dent in a book I have been trying to get through (War and Peace), and enjoyed learning about what others were r..."

That is actually a great choice for a readathon - you can make some real progress with a book like that and feel pretty accomplished.

Thank you for your kind words

message 16: by Bentley, Group Founder, Leader, Chief (new)

Donna, I know what happened to you. I did not see you on the check ins - but look forward to your participation next time.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.